Ch. 7 - Being A Guest, Getting A Guest

~ Chapter 7: Being A Guest, Getting A Guest  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“Za,” I called out, turning to look at him to see him texting on his phone.

“What?” he asked, from where he sat in his position on my hotel room couch.

“Can you come look at this?” I waved at him in my direction, prompting him to come over. He got the message and put his phone back in his pocket before standing up and making his way over to me.

“What?” he repeated, leaning down and placing his hands on his knees.

I moved my notebook so it entered his vision and looked at him again. “I’m trying to write a song, do you think it’s good so far?”

He glanced at me and shifted his attention to the page before reading what was written on it:

Heartbreaker

Oh girl, I got a secret place that we could go

‘Cause girl I really wanna be alone

And baby nobody else gotta know…

“That’s all you have so far?” he asked.

I nodded. “I started around five minutes ago. Want to hear how it sounds like?”

When Za copied me and nodded, I began to sing to him how I thought the song would go. He listened intently as I sang him all three lines, and after I was done, he was staring at me with eyes full of suspicion.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and waited for him to speak, but something told me he wasn’t opening his mouth anytime soon.

“Okay, why are you looking at me like that?” I frowned, pouting slightly.

“Justin…” he sighed, sitting down on the chair next to me. “Is this song… Is this song about Alicia?”

I felt my heart stop at the mention of her name. My eyes widened and I stared at Lil Za with shock.

“What the fuck made you come up with something like that?” I asked, a hint of anger in my voice.

“Dude, I didn’t mean to—”

“—Shut up.”

Standing from my seat, I slammed my notebook shut and picked it up before storming out of the living room and to my own bedroom. I closed the door and locked it, throwing my notebook across the room and collapsing on my bed. I stared at the ceiling, feeling unexplainable uncomfortableness rising up throughout my veins.