Ch. 70 - Should We?

~ Chapter 70: Should We? ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I open the door with the pizza box in my hands and step inside, kicking it shut.

“Jackie?” I called out, noticing the living room was empty. “I brought dinner.”

I stood there for a while as the silence engulfed me and then proceeded towards the stairs. I reached her room and knocked quietly before opening the door, finding the television on and Jackie laying on her bed, her eyes shut as she slept peacefully.

I let out a small smile and set the pizza box down on the small table before sitting down on her bed near where she was laying.

I leaned down and whispered in her ear. “Babe.” I nudged her slightly, kissing her cheek as she stirred, groaning quietly.

“One more minute,” she mumbled, and I let out a laugh.

“Come on, Jackie, you need to eat,” I bit my lip, trying to hide the huge smile on my face.

“What’d you bring?” she slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me.

“Pizza,” I smirked, watching as her eyes lit up.

“Well why didn’t you say so earlier?” she scoffed, suddenly wide awake and sitting up, eyeing the box next to us. I reached out and took two slices, handing her one along with a napkin. “Thank you.”

“Anything for you,” I gazed at her as she took a bite out of her pizza.

We continued to talk, eat and watch T.V until the whole box was empty.

“How’d you even buy that without people attacking you?” Jackie asked with curiosity in her tone.

I shrugged, scooting closer towards her. “I just wore a hoodie and covered most of my face with a scarf.”

Jackie laughed softly before leaning her head on my shoulder.

“How original,” she said.

I looked down at her as she stared at the design on my shirt, running her fingers along the patterned lines. I watched her silently for a while until I looked up, noticing white flakes falling against the window.

“It’s snowing..” I whispered. Jackie glanced at me before turning around, looking to see if I was telling the truth. She then stood up and ran to the window, leaning to the glass and looking towards the sky. I let out a smile and went after her, stopping next to where she stood and looking on out the window.

“It is snowing!” Jackie said excitedly. “I hope it piles up so I can get to play in it.”