Ch. 3 - Cali, Baby

~ Chapter 3: Cali, Baby ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“Rise and shine!” I heard a voice shout before feeling a light hand slapping my cheek.

I groaned, turning away from the source that had woken me up, dragging a pillow along with me to cover my head with.

“Justin, you need to get up,” the voice said, and it took a few seconds for me to process it as Kenny.

“Go away,” I murmured, my eyes closed as I relaxed into the mattress. “It’s too early for this.”

“We need to catch a plane and remember that we’re heading to California for a vacation, not to torture you,” he chuckled, shaking me. “Now get up.”

“No,” I said firmly.

“Yes.” I could picture him rolling his eyes before he began shaking me harder.

“No!” I said, louder this time.

“Justin,” he whined, “We need you to get up.”

“Too bad,” I muttered, my voice coming off muffled due to the pillow that covered my head.

“Just get up. It’s not that hard,” Kenny prompted, finally letting go of me. I didn’t reply, waiting for sleep to take over once more. I heard Kenny sigh before walking to the end of the bed. “Don’t make me get Scooter.”

“Scooter doesn’t scare me,” I said.

“Fine,” he mumbled. “Then I’ll just force you out of bed.”

I ignored his remark, not thinking he’d do anything about it before I felt two hands grab both of my feet and I began to slide down towards the end of the bed, where Kenny was pulling me from.

“Nooo,” I dragged out the word, grabbing the sheets in front of me to fight from his grip, but failing epically. Kenny then managed to pick me up over his shoulder and exit the room, carrying me down the hallway as I fought against the grasp he had on me. “Let go off me,” I groaned.

“Gladly,” he smirked, putting me down on what I now noticed was the bathroom. “Now take a shower and get dressed.”

“You little…” I trailed off, glaring at him. He laughed, eyeing me before giving me an amused grin.

“Nice boxers,” he chuckled, exiting the bathroom and leaving me confused. I looked down at myself, noticing I had only slept in my boxers, as I have accustomed myself to doing every night nowadays, and blushed when I saw I happened to be wearing my spongebob boxers.

I rubbed my eyes in slight frustration and started the shower, slipping off the one undergarment covering my body and stepping in, letting the water run through every inch of my skin. My tense muscles immediately calmed and I lowered my head, letting the water wash over my hair before getting a bottle of shampoo.