Ch. 58 - Jackie's Situation

~ Chapter 58: Jackie’s Situation  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“ROOOOBBBBBIIINNNN!!!!” I yelled at the top of my lungs, my face turning red as I felt my heartbeat accelerating by the second. I stumbled across my room and ran downstairs to find Robin sitting in a mess of popcorn. I abruptly stopped in front of her and eyed the couch with popcorn scattered everywhere—some on the floor—and the bowl tipped upside down next to her. She was giving me a dirty look and I raised an eyebrow. “What happened?”

She scoffed, “What happened? Your scream scared the SHIT out of me and I dropped the bowl!”

I laughed nervously. “Ha, oops.. I’m… Sorry?” And then I remembered about my situation. “BUT YOU GOTTA HELP ME!”

“Stop yelling!” she said.

“Sorry but I’m freaking out,” I yelped.

“What even happened? Did you drop your phone in the toilet again?” she asked, causing me to roll my eyes.

“That was 2 years ago,” I murmured. “But no, it’s not that. Justin asked me out on a date. A date!”

“WHAT?!” she screamed. “WHEN? WHERE?”

“Just now! I called him and he said he’s gonna pick me up at 8!”

Robin and I’s eyes widened at the same exact time and our heads bolted to the right, staring at the clock in front of us that read: 12:45pm.

“Okay so it’s almost 1, which means you have about 7 hours to get ready. That’s not enough time!” Robin yelled.

“Yes it is, calm down,” I laughed at my best friend. “We can even pull this off in 3 hours.”

“No we can’t! You need to buy new clothes, do your hair and make up, then make sure you look completely fabulous so that Justin drools a whole ocean and then asks you to have his 56 babies!”

I blinked three times, wondering if she really just said what I think she just said.

“Okay you’re freaking out about this more than I am,” I chuckled. “But I still want your advice. Should I really buy a new outfit or will the ones in my closet do?”

“It depends. Where’s the date?” she asked. “The location’s very important so you know if you need to dress up or go casual on this shit.”

“Umm.. Umm.. He said it was a surprise,” I recalled.

“A surprise? Who does he think he is?! He has to say where for times like these!” Robin yelled. “What if you wear a dress and it ends up being rock-climbing or something?!”