Ch. 43 - You'll Be Happy

~ Chapter 43: You’ll Be Happy  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“Will you ever call him?” Robin asked, throwing a piece of popcorn into the air and catching it with her mouth.

“I want to, Robin, I do,” I sighed, staring down at my phone as I held it in my hands. “But… What does that say about Tyler and I?”

“It depends,” she shrugged. “Are you two officially dating?”

“That’s the thing,” I leaned back on the couch. “I have no clue what our status is.”

“Well, let me ask you this… Aren’t you trying to forget Justin and move on from him anyway? I thought Tyler was helping you do that,” she pointed out.

“It’s not that easy to move on from someone like Justin, though. I tried to help him, he pushed me away, and now look where we are. We haven’t spoken since he’s dropped me home and… I do miss him but I’m scared about what would happen if I talk to him again. Because deep inside me, I feel like he’ll just push me away again and I can’t keep going through all that, you know what I mean?” I bit my lip.

“Yeah, I get it,” she nodded. “I see why you’re concerned but I don’t see the harm in talking to him.”

“I don’t know how Tyler would feel about that…” I said uneasily.

“You’re not even telling him the truth, Jackie. He doesn’t know that the guy you’ve been trying to move on from just so happens to be a famous celebrity that you look up to,” she frowned. “If it were me, I think I’d want to know details like that before I start getting into a deep relationship with someone.”

“So you think he’d dump me if he found out?” I asked.

“I thought you didn’t know if you’re dating him or not,” she narrowed her eyes at me.

“I don’t,” I clarified, “But hypothetically speaking… Would he?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged. “There’s only one way to find out, dont’cha think?”

I gave her a look, feeling my hands shaking at the thought of me calling Justin—or even texting him. I wanted to see how he was doing. I wanted to contact him badly but there was a feeling deep inside of me that was so nervous to speak to him again. Ever since he… you know… Basically left me.

“Jackie,” Robin’s voice entered my ears. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her in confusion. “I know you want to call him, so what are you waiting for?”

“You’re the one who said I should forget him and that it’ll never work out because he’s Justin Bieber and I’m just… Just Jackie..” I sighed.

“Well Justin Bieber obviously wants just Jackie, so ‘just Jackie’ should call Justin Bieber,” she winked.