Ch. 9 - What It Meant

~ Chapter 9: What It Meant  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

My hands remained secured on her waist as I held her to my chest, loving the feel of her cheek resting at the crook of my neck.

“Whoa..” I heard her gasp softly, her breath tickling my skin. I kissed the top of her head and pulled away slightly so I could meet her beautiful, shining, green eyes.

“Do you still want to leave me?” I whispered in her ear, giving her goosebumps. “Do I get a second chance?”

She hesitantly returned my gaze, a shy smile spreading across her lips. “Everyone deserves a second chance,” she giggled lightly.

“Even me?” I smirked, pulling her closer.

“Even you,” she assured me, our lips hovering. I was waiting to see if she would lean within the small distance between us and kiss me, but she never did. I guess she was still unsure of what the kiss actually meant. She didn’t know if she could kiss me herself with me still being completely fine with it.

I reached forwards and caressed her plump, bottom lip with my thumb gently.

“Then stay,” I said, my voice low as if I was telling her my biggest secret. She continued to stare into my eyes, taking slow breaths in and out.

“Okay,” she simply replied. “I will.”

“Good,” I let out a small smile, tucking her hair behind her ear. “Now you go get in your PJ’s because we’re going to have a movie night, alright?” She nodded, her face blushing as she teared her gaze away from me. “Hey,” I said, grabbing her cheeks with both hands and staring deeply into her eyes. “Look at me… There’s no reason for you to be shy. And if you need anything, I’m right here.”

She simply nodded again, giggling softly before stepping back. “I’ll be in the bathroom,” she said, her face still blushing at the sight of me before she finally turned around and left to the bathroom. I let out a much needed breath, overjoyed that she decided to stay.

I know I met her recently but I… I had to kiss her. If it means she’ll stay, then I had to.

Turning towards the other direction, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I saw Alfredo standing there, arms crossed with an evident smirk on his face—one I was tempted to slap off.

“When’s the wedding?” he winked.

“Shut up.”

I collapsed on the couch behind me and covered my face with my hands, letting out a frustrated groan. I became quiet after a while and just listened through the darkness provided when my eyes were closed. I could hear Fredo’s footsteps approaching me and soon, the couch lowered as more weight was added by Alfredo’s body.