Ch. 67 - Fuzzy

~ Chapter 67: Fuzzy ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“Jackie?!” I shouted over the paparazzi’s yelling. I lifted the hem of my shirt and wiped off the blood that seeped from her forehead, but new blood replaced it seconds after.

My heart was beating fast. I don’t know what to do.

I looked up to see more paparazzi approaching, flashes going off nonstop and I acted quickly, picking Jackie up with the limited amount of strength I could muster and I continued running, not exactly knowing where I was going. I just needed to get away from them—to get Jackie to a safe place.

Please wake up, Jackie. At least let me know you’re okay.

I could feel my heart thumping loudly against my chest as I looked around, wondering where I could go. I couldn’t just run to the car because then the paparazzi would catch up to us and it would be hard to outrun them by the time I get Jackie inside.

I let out a deep breath as I turned the corner, quickly noticing a small and fairly empty bookstore. I quickly pushed the door opened and shut it as fast as I could, running behind one of the book shelves and laying Jackie down carefully on the ground. We hid there for a while, and I waited to see if the paparazzi would follow me in here. But after a few seconds of waiting, I realized I had finally gotten them off my back. 

I let out a shaky sigh of relief, looking around to see if there was a librarian or clerk nearby. Peeking out through the corner, I saw a rather long hallway that led to the main part of the book store. In other words, we wouldn’t be noticed if we stayed back here. And it’d be best if we stay unnoticed for as long as we can. 

I looked back down at Jackie, who was still unconscious. I sat myself down next to her on the floor and hugged her body tightly. 

"Tell me you're okay," I whispered in her ear, holding her small hand in mine. My heart was beating fast. I was praying for her to wake up, and after a while of remaining in that position, I heard a weak voice. 

"I'm o-okay," Jackie's soft voice whispered back. My eyes widened and I leaned back, looking at her. I grabbed my shirt by the hem again and wiped off the blood on her forehead as Jackie's eyes fluttered open. She looked at me and I stared back at her, waiting to see if she showed signs of pain. 

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever, and then Jackie's eyes widened. 

"Y-you're... You're Justin Bieber!" she gasped, her jaw dropping before she twitched and held her head. 

My heart stopped. 

She..  Doesn't remember me?

I mean, of course she recognized me but she doesn't remember me?