Ch. 45 - Face-To-Face

~ Chapter 45: Face-To-Face  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

When I flickered my eyes open, I felt my body shiver slightly under the covers and I instantly realized I was naked. Thoughts began to form foggily inside my head, and I couldn’t seem to remember why on earth I had woken up naked until it hit me hard.

I had sex with Tyler last night.

A queasy feeling formed in my stomach and I looked to my left to see that the spot next to me was empty.

Where did Tyler go?

My heart was pounding loudly in my chest. I know I gave him a small nod when he had told me not to be scared about all this. But, in reality, I didn’t want to just give away my virginity like that. I didn’t want to do it. The nod that made him think I was okay with all this came instinctively. I didn’t mean it. And I couldn’t stop thinking about the fact that maybe I wanted Justin to be the one to take my virginity. It sounds insane—I know. He’s Justin Bieber and I’m… Me. But one could dream right?

Yet.. Now that I can’t find Tyler anywhere, I prove my point even further that last night was a complete mistake.

Feeling my eyes watering, I quickly stood up and put on casual clothing before grabbing my phone and making my way downstairs. I was about to dial Tyler’s number when I heard something fall, the noise coming from the kitchen. I froze.

Slowly approaching the source of the sound, I was extra careful to be quiet as I got closer and closer. Upon entering the kitchen, I found Tyler standing there, smiling sheepishly at me.

“Good morning,” he scratched the back of his head, his cheeks flushing red. “I, uh.. I’m sorry, I wanted to make you breakfast before you could wake up but I don’t know where anything is around here.”

I bit my lip. “That’s okay,” I waved it off, eyeing him. As he leaned down to pick up the spoon that had fallen, it was then that I realized he was only wearing his boxers.

I blushed. And he was making me breakfast? Here I was, all this time thinking he had used me for sex and had taken off.

“Listen, you don’t have to cook up anything. Let me handle the breakfast, okay?” I suggested.

“Wh—No! I’m a pretty good cook, I just need all the ingredients!” he pouted.

“Tyler..” I sighed, my voice sounding low and tired. Tyler stopped and took a good look at me, concern spreading across his features.

“Jackie, are you okay?” he walked over to me, taking my right hand. “You seem like you’re in a haze.”

“I-I’m fine,” I whispered, but Tyler’s grip on my hand tightened.

“Don’t lie,” he warned. There was a slight pause as silence filled the air. It lasted a while before Tyler spoke again. “Do you want to talk about last night?”