Ch. 36 - Trying To Move On

~ Chapter 36: Trying To Move On  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

To me, locking myself up in my room again wasn’t an option. I didn’t want to shut everyone out, no matter how depressed I felt. I missed Justin, yes. But isolating myself from the world won’t bring him back. He already shuts everyone out from his own life and I tried to save him from that but I guess there’s nothing I can really do. I tried my very hardest and, just when I thought I was getting somewhere, I lost him.

It’s just difficult to accept the fact that I may never see him again. That’s truly the hard part.

“You can’t mope around, you know,” Robin’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I shot my head up and looked at her as she stared blankly towards my direction, her legs crossed on her couch. “I invited you to sleep over so you won’t feel alone.”

“I don’t feel alone,” I assured her, crossing my arms.

“At least stop thinking about him…” she whispered. “We’ve had this talk before, Jackie. What did you think was going to happen? You thought you could’ve had something with Justin Bieber? That famous singer? That’s every girl’s dream. You were lucky enough to have the pleasure of hanging out with him for so long. His fame goes on and so does your life. Don’t waste it.”

I puffed out a breath of air before leaning back on the couch.

“You know what you need?” Robin tapped my leg.

“What?”

She grinned slightly. “It’s Sara’s birthday tomorrow. She’s throwing a party at her house.”

I slapped my forehead. “Shit, I forgot it was Sara’s birthday.”

My cheeks blushed in embarrassment. How could I forget the birthday of someone who I’ve known since 8th grade? She’s practically my other best friend who isn’t Robin. But I haven’t seen her lately because she travels a lot. I guess she came back to celebrate her birthday with all her high school friends. Plus, with Justin invading my thoughts all day, how could I have even remembered when my own birthday is, in general?

“So what do you say? You wanna go?” Robin nudged my shoulder suggestively. “It’ll bring back high school memories and you won’t be thinking of you-know-who.”

I sighed, rubbing my temples. “I don’t know, Robin.”

“What don’t you know? It’ll be fun and you’d be a terrible friend if you don’t at least go just for Sara.”

I let out a small groan. No matter how much I hated it, she was right.

“Fine,” I muttered. “Now let me go to sleep. I’m way too tired.”

I stood up and waved to her before leaving upstairs to my room. In a way, I was excited about tomorrow. I haven’t been able to let loose and have fun in quite a while, so this could be great for me.