Ch. 54 - Walk The Distance

~ Chapter 54: Walk The Distance  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

My feet began moving on their own.

Tyler or Justin?

Justin or Tyler?

I was debating the thoughts quickly in my head and, before I even realized it, I was running towards the direction Tyler left to. I quickly glanced back to see Justin was still in the process of leaving the park and I let out a frustrated sigh.

“I told you not to follow me,” Tyler stopped and looked at me.

“I know, but… I don’t want you to be angry with me,” I said in a tiny voice.

“Who said I was angry with you?”

“I think it’s obvious within itself,” I bit my lip, shifting my weight from one foot to the other. “But anyways, I wanted to just make sure.. that you weren’t mad at me, even though I know you are.”

“Jackie, I’m not—”

“And I hope you understand my reasonings, but I also want to ask of you if you can come over sometime and I’ll explain everything, I promise,” I said persuasively.

“I don’t know yet,” he sighed.

“—And that’s okay,” I reassured him. “I’ll give you time to think about it but know that my offer still stands.”

And with that, I gave Tyler a goodbye kiss on the cheek before running the other way as if my life depended on it. I could still see Justin nearing the exit, but I wasn’t ready to let him just walk away from me like that.

What kind of belieber would I be?

“Justin!” I shouted, “Wait! Please!”

I watched as he stopped and turned around, confused as to what was happening. I don’t know if I was imagining things or not, but when he saw it was me, I thought I saw his eyes sparkle, just a little bit.

“What’s wrong?” he asked me. “Weren’t you with, uh.. Tyler?”

“That doesn’t matter right now,” I panted, trying to catch my breath from that marathon I just ran. “Justin, I need to talk to you.”

“That’s funny,” he chuckled, “‘Cause I need to talk to you too.”

I felt a smile forming in my face as I gazed into his eyes.

“Let’s go somewhere else, though,” he said. “I’m tired of hiding myself in this hoodie.”