Ch. 75 - For Now

~ Chapter 75: For Now ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“What’s the surprise?” I asked Jackie, as her hands squeezed mine tightly. She stopped in the middle of her room and turned to look at me.

“I don’t know if it’s good or bad news,” she admitted, releasing her grip on me and biting her lip nervously. “But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t kinda excited.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “Jackie, what—”

“-Hold on,” she raised a hand to silence me, pushing her index finger on my lips playfully. I let out a small chuckle and let her continue.

“My mom called me this morning,” she said. “Apparently, her and Dad are coming home tomorrow from their long trip.”

I stared at her.

“She said they probably won’t stay long.. But it’s at least something, right?”

“Um.. Yeah,” I nodded.

Her smile faded. “That’s it? No excitement for me?”

“No, no, I am, I’m happy for you, it’s just..” I trailed off.

“Just… what?”

“Didn’t you say you’re rarely in contact with them?” I asked.

“Uh, well.. Yeah but it’s not like they can talk 24/7 you know,” she shrugged.

I bowed my head and stared at the floor. “Jackie..”

“Why are you worried?” she interrupted. “This is a good thing.”

I looked up at her again, gazing into her eyes.

It is her parents, after all.

“You’re right,” I sighed. “I guess I’m just nervous to meet them.” Jackie laughed and grabbed my hand again. “I am meeting them… Right?”

“Of course you are,” she smiled. “No backing away, okay?”

I smirked, wrapping my arms around her. “Okay, ma’am,” I kissed her forehead about five times before embracing her in a tight hug, squeezing her body against mine. We hugged for what seemed like forever until Jackie began trying to pull away.

“Alright, Justin,” she giggled, “I can’t breathe.”

“Shh..” I hushed, grinning at her, “Just embrace the love.” I kissed her cheek repeatedly as she attempted to fight me off.