Ch. 42 - Trapped

~ Chapter 42: Trapped  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I flickered my eyes open, my vision blurry. The room I was in was loud, every sound pounded inside my head like drums. Through the foggy sight, I could make out Alfredo’s face staring down at me, his facial expressions full of concern. I heard him gasp and then all sounds became foreign to me. I couldn’t understand anything anyone was saying and my head was spinning.

And then everything just… stopped.

Every sound quieted down and all I heard were small noises, as if a television was on. A face I didn’t recognize began checking me, and I groaned, trying hard to speak.

“Wh-Where am I?” my voice was groggy.

“You’re in the hospital,” Alfredo’s voice rang in my ears. I blinked in confusion as Fredo and the other person I didn’t recognize began talking about something I couldn’t quite understand. Then I realized that the person’s a doctor.

The doctor nodded and left, just about the same exact time as Scooter came into the room.

“Is he okay?” I heard him ask Fredo, just as my eyes began to feel heavy again.

“The doctor said that…” The rest of the words Alfredo spoke came out distant, as if he were speaking a different language. Then Scooter turned his head, his eyes fixed on the sight of me.

“Justin? Can you hear me?” he asked. I snapped my eyes open again and groaned at the way the light hit my face.

“Yeah,” I grunted, trying to sit up.

“No, no, relax,” Scooter pushed me back down carefully. “You’re going to be okay.”

“What… happened?” I mumbled.

“You, uh… fainted on stage,” Alfredo said, “You were out for a long while, so we had to get you to the hospital.”

My eyes widened. “I have to get back,” I protested, trying to lift myself off the bed. “I have to keep the show going. M-My beliebers… I can’t let them down.”

“Justin, stop it,” Scooter pushed me back down to the bed again. “Your health is important too, you know.”

“Let me outta here!” I yelled. “I need to f-finish… I need to perform…”

“Justin…” Scooter warned.

“No,” I shook my head, gulping. “I c-can’t let them d-down.” I felt myself sweating. It felt as if I was trapped inside an oven. “I need to… I need to f-finish.”

“Justin, listen to me,” Alfredo gave me a serious look. “You fainted on stage in front of thousands of screaming fans. Let that sink in for a moment. Do you know how worried they must be about you? How worried everyone is? Calm down and take a deep breath. The doctor said you fainted due to stress so at least try not to think about stuff too much.”