Ch. 73 - Slim Chance

~ Chapter 73: Slim Chance ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“Fuck,” I muttered under my breath as I walked out of Jackie’s house and to my car.

Part of me doesn’t want to leave like this, but part of me really wants to think this through.

That bastard took Jackie’s virginity away.

My hands formed into fists and I tried calming down before starting the engine.

I didn’t know why, but I had this feeling that just won’t go away. One that repeated over and over that it should’ve been me. I was the one who should’ve given her, her first time. It should’ve been me.

I shook my head, trying to clear my mind as I made my way back to the hotel Alfredo and I were staying at. When I walked inside, Alfredo was on his computer with a plate of chopped fruit laying next to him on the table.

“Hey Justin,” he looked up at me and smiled. “How’s Jackie?”

I didn’t reply, walking over to the kitchen and pouring myself a glass of water. When I returned back to the living room, Fredo was giving me a strange look.

“Uh… you okay?” he asked me, watching as I sat down at the end of the couch.

I took a few gulps of water before replying. “Yup,” I sighed, “Never been merrier in my entire existence than I am right now.”

Alfredo chuckled. “What’s with the intense sarcasm?”

“Um..” I trailed off, finishing the glass of water and setting it down on the small table. “Jackie’s better now. She says she has her memories back.”

Alfredo did a double take. “Whoa, what?! That’s awesome!” his face lit up. “So then what’s the problem?”

I leaned back on the couch, closing my eyes. “Just that… She told me she lost her virginity while I was on tour.”

Fred nodded quietly, still processing what I was saying. “To… who?”

“Tyler-the-asshole,” I muttered.

“Hey, you said you thought he seemed pretty decent when you two first met,” he reminded me. “You only hate him because you’re jealous of him.”

My eyes shot open. “I’m not jealous of him!” I raised my voice.

“Well.. he filled the gap you left empty when you left for tour. Not to mention you pushed Jackie away, so she thought she would have to move on eventually.”

“I’m not fucking jealous, Fredo,” I groaned. “I just don’t like the guy.”