Ch. 35 - Better

~ Chapter 35: Better  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

When I returned to my hotel suite, it was now evening. I was more tired than I thought and I couldn’t wait to sit down and distract myself with anything—just to get my horrible thoughts out of my head. But when I walked in and shut the door, the familiar yet strange smell hit me instantly and upon turning around, I saw Lil Twist laid back on the couch smoking a blunt with someone next to him. The room was foggy as fuck due to all the smoking, but I could tell the person next to Twist wasn’t Za.

“Bieber!” Twist greeted me, a smirk on his face. I was about to punch the smile off of him when the man next to Twist spoke up.

“Canuck, how have you been?!” the man giggled, putting his feet up on the table. I slowly began to recognize his voice and when I saw his face, it hit me.

“Jama?” I asked. “What are you doing here?”

Yeah, he offered me a blunt in Klutzer’s birthday party but that doesn’t mean he’s invited to everything now. I barely know the fucker.

“Twist invited me. He needed a smoke,” he shrugged. I immediately shifted my gaze towards Twist, who was still smirking.

“You son of a bitch…” I growled.

“Whoa, whoa, what’s gotten into you?” Twist raised a hand up in defense.

“Why the fuck would you invite someone over to a place that’s not even yours. Hell, it’s not even mine, technically!” I yelled.

“I knew you had to be coming back, why would I leave?” Twist scoffed. I paused, licking my lips and trying to calm down before I did something I won’t regret now, but later I might.

“Where’s Za?” I changed the subject.

“Gone,” Twist took a drag out of the cigar before blowing out more puffs of air. “He left to shit his pants.”

This motherfucker’s too high for this shit.

“Canuck,” Jama called out. I slowly turned to face him. “You going to the party for Khalil or what?”

“I said I might,” I scratched the back of my head, “Now I’m not so sure.”

“Why not?” Twist butted in.

I sighed, crossing my arms before glancing at the two. “So it’d be me, you, Jama and Za?” They both nodded. “Alright, one out of four.”

Twist scoffed again. “Do we really have to do the whole ‘one out of’ however the fuck amount of people are going at once?”

“Twist, one of us has to stay sober. You know that. The reason we made it up is so we can maneuver ourselves in and out of parties safely. Who’s going to be that one?” I asked before taking a small pause, “I think it’s your turn.”