Ch. 44 - Can't Believe This Is Happening

~ Chapter 44: Can’t Believe This Is Happening  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

It’s been four days since I called Justin and we talked briefly before he hung up on me. I’ve been contemplating my plan about joining forces with Fredo so that I could earn Justin’s attention back. But in what world am I living in? Do I really think it’ll work? Or would they think I’m just plain persistent?

I was currently laying in bed, checking my phone as rain poured outside. As usual, I was home alone—something I’ve gotten used to over the years. I let out a small yawn before my phone notified me Justin had tweeted. My eyes widened and I clicked on the notification:

@justinbieber:

Florida, u guys were loud! Can’t wait to come back. much love

I sighed. Part of me still wished I was right there with him. But Florida is so far away from Cali. And he’ll be leaving that place soon anyway.

All of a sudden, I heard the doorbell ring from downstairs. I paused, slowly putting my phone down while wondering, who could that be?

I jumped out of bed and made my way downstairs, approaching the front door with curiosity digging into my scalp. I reached my hand to grab the doorknob and turned it, swinging the door open to find Tyler on the other side. His hair was wet from the rain and he held a closed umbrella that dripped water droplets onto the front porch. He smiled up at me, his hazel eyes captivating my attention. I gaped at the sight of him, considering I wasn’t expecting him to be here at this time.

“Hey,” he said softly, his voice overpowering the sound of the rain outside.

“Hi,” I breathed. “You’re soaked.”

“I know,” he chuckled.

“Well, come in,” I suggested, opening the door wider for him to pass through. He shook water off his umbrella and stepped over the threshold before I shut the door and turned around to look at him. “You didn’t have to surprise me by showing up through this weather, you know.”

“It was worth it,” he waved me off. “I had to see you. No rain was gonna stop me.”

“Y-You had to see me?” I stuttered. “What for? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” he shrugged. “I just had to see your face.”

I blinked at him, feeling my cheeks blush. He wrapped up his umbrella and put it by the door before crossing his arms.

“I’ve never really been inside your house properly,” he looked around. “I’ve been in the living room, but that’s about it.”

“I could… show you around, maybe?” I suggested. “It’s nothing big, but it’d be nice to give you the tour.”