Ch. 10 - He's Dead

~ Chapter 10: He’s Dead  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

My eyes shot open and I immediately used the back of my hand to wipe the sweat from my forehead. I had just woken up from quite a strange dream that consisted of voices chanting Justin’s name over and over… and over and over.

In the dream, I was alone in a huge mansion. There was no one in there but me, but I kept hearing voices whispering Justin, Justin, Justin, Juuustin. I followed the direction the voices were coming from only to hear them come from a different direction. I’d turn around and run towards it, but the voices kept switching directions. It kept coming from the room upstairs and when I was close to approaching the room I was hearing it from, it’d suddenly be coming from the kitchen downstairs and when I ran there, it’d suddenly be coming from the bathroom.

It went on for quite a while and I was beginning to run out of breath from all the running back and forth. All of a sudden, the large mansion faded slowly and I found myself in a similar situation, except now I was in the hotel room Justin, Alfredo and I are staying at this very moment. The voices began coming from the room Justin had left to sleep in and I followed it cautiously, keeping quiet instead of running this time. I got excited when my hand was touching the doorknob and the voices were still coming from the same place, meaning it wouldn’t run away from me now. Turning the knob, I flung the door open and, next thing I know, I’m awake and the dream ended.

I didn’t know what else to do. I silently slipped from my bed and tip-toed out of the room, striding towards Justin’s room. Gripping the doorknob into my hand, I opened the door only to find Justin fast asleep, laying rather uncomfortably on his bed. I quietly walked inside, approaching him slowly. I stared at the beautiful features on his face and instantly smiled to myself.

He doesn’t know it yet, but he’s perfect in every single way.

I continued to stare at him until I decided my dream probably didn’t mean anything, and I don’t really have to check up on him. Turning around, I began to walk back towards the exit, wanting desperately to take a nice, morning shower and surprise Justin and Fredo with some homemade breakfast before I have to leave. Just as I was more than halfway across the room, I heard Justin murmur something incoherent, then shift from his sleeping position.

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I retraced my steps so I was back at staring at a sleeping Justin. I leaned closer, in hopes that he would repeat what he had just uttered, and waited a while. So long, in fact, that I was beginning to convince myself that I was just hearing things and that maybe he really didn’t say anything. That, or he’d said something, but isn’t going to repeat it.

I let out a frustrated sigh and leaned back up, pouting slightly and, just as I was about to turn back to leave, I heard it.

“He’s dead,” Justin mumbled in his slumber. “He’s dead.”

My stomach plummeted to the ground. What does he mean ‘he’s dead’? Who could possibly be dead?