Ch. 74 - Messing Up

~ Chapter 74: Messing Up ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I opened the car door and sat down on the driver’s seat, turning on the ignition before pulling out my phone and taking a deep breath. I stared at the screen that displayed Jackie’s contact info and I pressed her number, putting the phone up to my ear.

It rang three times before she picked up.

“Hello?” said her morning voice.

“Jackie,” I breathed. “How are you?”

There was a slight pause.

“How.. am I?” she scoffed. “Seriously?”

I ran a hand through my hair. “I’m sor—”

“-No, Justin,” she stopped me. “Just don’t. You just ran out on me last night and I understand if you’re mad at me for having sex with Tyler but you’re not the only one who gets to be angry right now.”

“I know, I—”

“But wait! No, it gets better!” she raised her voice sarcastically. “You call my best friend instead of me. She said you wanted to apologize but then you don’t reply to my messages and you don’t just call me to apologize yourself!”

Is that what Robin told her we talked about last night? Wow, she actually covered for me..

“Baby, I’m sorry..” I said quietly.

“Don’t call me ‘baby’ until I hear an actual explanation for this,” she scolded. “I don’t even understand why it bothered you so much. Here I was, so worried about how you’d react when I tell you when, in reality, you went off and had sex probably even multiple times when you were on tour.”

“Okay, whoa,” I said, “That’s not true.”

Jackie let out a bitter laugh. “Don’t amuse me with your lies, mister.”

“I’m not lying to you,” I said defensively. “At least not during that tour.”

It was silent again and my eyes slowly widened. Shit.

“What is that supposed to mean..?” Jackie almost whispered.

“Uh..” I gulped, digging my head for valid answers, but I just couldn’t come up with any. “I had sex with Alicia, but that was before you and I were even serious,” I sighed, deciding I should just tell her the truth.

“Unbelievable..” Jackie muttered. “And when was this?”