Ch. 49 - Ache

~ Chapter 49: Ache  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“Are you scared?” Tyler’s voice rang in my ears.

“W-Wha—Why would I be scared?” I frowned.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged, amused by my reaction. “You just seem like the kind of person who’d be scared, you know?”

“No, I don’t,” I shook my head.

Tyler leaned closer to me. “Yes you do.”

I scoffed and shoved him away from me playfully. “Go now,” I said, “You don’t want to be late for your cousin’s party.”

Tyler groaned, grabbing my hand. “Are you sure you don’t want to come? We’ll go straight to that scary movie right afterwards. It’s easier.”

“I know, but…” I paused. “I just can’t bail on Robin.”

“Oh right,” he sighed. “I understand.”

“I’ll see you at 8?” I asked for reassurance.

“You got it,” he smiled, planting a kiss on my cheek before leaving. When I turned around, I saw Robin sitting lazily on the couch.

“You could’ve gone with him to the party,” she murmured. “You didn’t have to stay to keep me company.”

“Robin, we’re both alone in our homes. The least we could do is keep each other company.”

“But I don’t want to get in between your time with Tyler,” she pointed out.

My eyes slowly widened and I crossed my arms stubbornly. “It’s not like we’re dating.”

“Yeah, that’s confusing,” she leaned her head back on the pillow.

“What do you mean?”

“You two have been going out and doing stuff since you met. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tyler thought of you as his official girlfriend,” she explained.

“B-But I… I don’t… consider myself as taken,” I sighed.

“I think he does, though,” Robin looked at me. “And when are you telling him the truth?”

“Truth?” I asked. “About what?”

“The fact that you regret having sex with him,” she said. “It’s been more than a week and I’m pretty sure he’s content with his relationship with you. But you don’t feel the same way, do you?”