Ch. 63 - Unexpected News

~ Chapter 63: Unexpected News ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I decided I wasn’t going to run away from my problems anymore. Jackie and I sat down on the bed and I explained everything to her. I told her everything—from the beginning, even though deep inside me, I was scared on how she’d react.

I wrapped up the story on how Katie basically stormed out and left after I accused her of lying, and that I haven’t heard from her ever since. Jackie remained quiet the entire time, but after a while she looked at me.

“So you’re wondering who lied to you, right? Scooter or Katie?” she asked monotonously.

I slowly nodded my head. “I just.. feel bad because… What if Scooter’s just lying to protect my image? Then I basically betrayed Katie, and… She has no one.” Jackie’s gaze shifted from my eyes, to the floor. “Don’t get me wrong though. You’re the one I wanna be with,” I reassured her, shifting closer towards her to place a kiss on her cheek.

Jackie looked at me again.

“You really do have a big heart,” she sighed. “It’s one of the many, many things I love about you.”

I let out a small smile before bumping shoulders with her. “Are you still mad then?”

Jackie laughed softly, leaning her head on my shoulder. “I was never mad at you, Justin,” she said. “Just curious to know the truth.”

I kissed the top of her head, my heart racing the way it always does when she was this close to me. It was silent for a few minutes as both of us said nothing except look out the window into the night sky. After what seemed like forever, Jackie spoke up.

“I’m going to take my shower now,” she said, suddenly standing up. “It’s pretty late.”

“Can I join?” I smirked at her, watching as her face quickly turned bright red.

“W-What? Uh.. N-no!” she smacked my arm and I instantly pouted.

“Why not?”

“Because you’re a little pervert, that’s why!” she childishly stuck her tongue out at me, grabbed her change of clothes and was out of the room.

I let out a soft chuckle and stared at the door she had just left through.

She’s too cute.

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

I blinked my eyes open and saw Justin sleeping right next to me. My jaw dropped and I practically drooled over how innocently cute he looked while sleeping. I scooted closer to him and kissed his soft cheek before carefully getting out of bed so I wouldn’t wake him up from his peaceful state.