Ch. 4 - Turned Up

~ Chapter 4: Turned Up ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“I so owned you,” I laughed, watching as Alfredo pouted in sorrow. We were playing Call Of Duty to pass time here and he was, unfortunately, pretty bad at it compared to me.

“I hate you,” he mumbled, glancing at me.

“Love you too,” I winked, just as my phone rang for the second time today.

“Well you’re popular,” Fredo teased and I ignored his comment before standing up and going to my room to have some privacy. I looked at the called I.D and felt my heartbeat accelerate at Jackie’s name on the screen. I quickly answered it, pressing the device to my ear.

“Hello?” I said, trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach.

“Justin?” her voice rang in my ears, making my knees grow weak.

“Jackie,” I breathed. “How are you?”

“I’m good. I finally got to my friend’s house and I just wanted to see how you were doing. How’s everything?”

“Everything’s great,” I felt myself smiling. “I’m just here with Fredo and I’m creaming him at Call Of Duty.”

“That’s not surprising,” she giggled, sending me to heaven and back. It was silent for a moment before I remembered something.

“Hey, I forgot to ask you. What part of California do you live in?”

“San Diego,” she answered. “Why?”

“Oh, ‘cause I’m in L.A right now. Maybe when you return, I could go down there and spend some time with you,” I suggested, wanting nothing more than some quality time with her. She just seems like she’s worth it.

“Wait, really?” I could sense the smile on her face.

“Yeah, I told you I want to hang out. I wasn’t lying to get rid of you,” I teased. I heard her laugh quickly before she replied.

“And what makes you think I’m just dying to hang out with you? Hm?” she teased back, causing the smirk on my face to grow wider.

“Weren’t you the one who told me I was your idol?” I pointed out.

“Well maybe I don’t want to hang out with my idol. Have you ever thought about that?” she asked playfully.

“You’re one hell of a weird girl, do you know that?” I laughed.

“Why? Because I’m turning down your offer?”

“So you don’t want to hang out with me then?”