Ch. 21 - The Real Question Is...

~ Chapter 21: The Real Question Is...  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I felt as if I were frozen, unable to move from my position on the floor where I had fallen. Jackie crossed her arms and hugged herself for comfort, beginning to look out at the window in order to avoid looking at me.

“I’m s-sorry, Jackie,” I mumbled. The air was excruciatingly still and it was hard to utter even a single word out in the open. “I’m so sorry… I should’ve… I shouldn’t have… I-I’m so sorry.”

“There’s a lesson you need to learn from all this,” her tone was dark enough to just kill me right then and there.

I looked up at her, tears continuing to slip from my face and down my cheeks. I twitched from the pain my hand was giving me, but the pain in my heart was so much stronger.

“I was the only one who was only interested in your well being,” she muttered. “I’m sure Alicia is a very nice girl and, yeah, I’m a fan of her music but she seems to handle fame much more differently than you do, Justin. Which means it would only be a matter of time before she completely breaks you. Then your heart will need mending and guess who’s going to be there to fix you back up?”

“You…” I whispered, surprising even myself when I said it.

“The real question now is… Are you up for it? Are you up for you and I to try and work it out? Are you over her? Are you sure Alicia’s the one you need because I know you want her, at least in some way,” she spoke softly now and sighed before looking straight at me. “Answer me all of this right now—at this very moment—and I swear to you I’ll do what you decide. If you pick Alicia, I get it, but you shouldn’t have led me on and made me think I actually had a chance. If you pick her, I’ll leave you alone and you’ll never hear about me ever again. You won’t have anyone pushing you towards me to make me feel better. No, I don’t need that. What I need for me to stay is… I need you to just tell me you want me but you have to mean it. I know you claimed to care about me, saying that by us not being together, I’m safer from the media and crap like that. I told you that I don’t care about those people. I only care about you.”

Shivers were sent down my spine and I swallowed hard, wiping my tears with my right hand and sniffling. Putting all the strength I could muster to my feet, I stood back up and regained my composure before stepping closer towards Jackie.

“I want to try…” I whispered, holding out my hand for her to take it. She gazed down at my free hand and just stared at it. Once I knew she wasn’t going to take it, I grabbed hers instead and pulled her closer towards me. Brushing her hair back, I revealed her perfect, soft skin and I began to lean slowly, my eyes locked on her lips. Just as our lips were millimeters apart, Jackie pushed both her hands to my chest and shoved me away.

“You want to try what?” she seethed, the anger she’s been keeping for me for the past few days slowly triggering throughout her.

“Being with you… I want to try it out—you and I. And see how it all goes,” I managed to smile, even though my face was stained with dry tears. Jackie stared at me, watching my every move as I attempted to approach her one more time. I wrapped one arm around her waist and locked gazes with her.

I'm Only Human (Justin Bieber Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara