Ch. 69 - Coincidence

~ Chapter 69: Coincidence ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing and I quietly groaned, rubbing my eyes and wincing from the sunlight that hit my face. Once my vision cleared, I looked in front of me to see Jackie’s peaceful face, undisturbed.

I wanted to kiss her, but I didn’t want to be the one to interrupt her sleep.

I let out a soft sigh before forcing myself out of bed and stretching before silently making my way out of Jackie’s room and downstairs. I peeked through the door’s small hole to see who was ringing the doorbell and grabbed the doorknob, twisting it open as Robin looked up at me.

“Morning,” I let out a small smile. She looked back at me, her face frowning before she walked inside without saying anything. Confused, I shut the door and turned around. “Something wrong?”

“Where’s Jackie?” she looked up the stairs before taking a step forwards, but I grabbed her arm, stopping her.

“Don’t,” I muttered. Robin slowly turned her head towards me. “I’m guessing you heard about what happened.”

“News catch on fast nowadays,” she gritted her teeth.

I slowly released her arm and gave her a look. “Why do I have the feeling you’re mad at me for this?”

“It’s partly your fault for being famous,” she teased.

I let out a laugh. “Whoa, I’m so sorry for being too famous,” I joked back.

She laughed with me before her face got serious. “Did you take her to a hospital?”

“Of course.”

“Will she be alright?”

“Yeah, they just said she needs lots of rest, and… Umm..” I trailed off.

“And.. What?” she crossed her arms.

“She kind of has short term memory loss,” I awkwardly stuffed my hands in the pockets of Jackie’s Dad’s sweatpants.

Robin did a double take. “Whoa what?!”

“Shh,” I hushed her. “Try not to wake her up, she needs all the rest she can get.”

“Wait so she won’t remember some people?” Robin asked.

“At first her memory was at the point before she met me, so she didn’t understand why I was with her last night,” I explained. “I’m sure since her mind was set at the time I was in England, she must remember you. Not to mention you two have known each other for way too long, I’m assuming.”