Ch. 26 - Rainy Moods

~ Chapter 26: Rainy Moods  ~

[ Alfredo’s POV: ]

It was only when Justin pretty much locked himself up in his room that I realized I might’ve lied to him. I told him we were visiting today when, in reality, I had technically asked Jackie to visit tomorrow. I guess it doesn’t make much of a difference anyway since he claims he isn’t going, but there’s still hope… Right?

Who am I kidding. The kid’s the most stubborn person I’ve ever met in my life.

But he’s still my best friend. I still care about him no matter what and I don’t care how much he snaps at me or tells me he hates me or tells me to fuck off or leave him alone, I know him well enough to understand that he’s just having a hard time and the last thing he wants is for the people he most cares about to disappear out of his life. But, despite what Justin himself thinks, I’m pretty positive that love may not be what destroys him… It can be what fixes him. I don’t want to rush him into anything but he can’t go on like this. It’s not a nice feeling for him or the people around him.

The sound of my phone ringing snapped me out of my thoughts and my body shook from the sudden shock it had given me. I let out a long sigh and slowly picked up the phone, pressing the answer button.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Fredo, I need you to do me a favor,” Scooter’s voice rang in my ears.

I raised one eyebrow in interest. “What is it?”

“We’re going to be doing a couple of shows in LA but we need you here so we can all talk about business stuff. I’m staying over at an old pal’s house here for a while so if I text you the address, would you be able to come in?”

“Sure,” I agreed, looking back down the hallway where I last saw Justin disappear to. “It’s my job anyway.”

“Alright thanks, Fredo.”

We hung up soon after that. I grabbed my jacket as I quickly dialed another number before I’d have to go and waited for the person to pick up.

“Hi Alfredo!” Jackie’s cheery voice rang in my ears and I let out a sad smile.

“Hey, sorry to call so late, I just had to tell you something,” I spoke quickly and urgently. Jackie picked up on my tone and said her next words a bit more worried.

“That’s okay, what’s wrong?” she asked.

“Umm… Justin’s battling a few more inner demons with himself. I’m so… I’m so sorry but we unfortunately can’t go visit you tomorrow. He’s just not in the emotional condition to go. If I was to drag him over there, he’d hate me and take it out on you. I just can’t let that happen. Maybe some other time, yeah?” I said, my voice shaking.

“Noo…” Jackie whispered. “No, but this was supposed to be a good thing. I thought part of the reason you guys were coming is because you believe I can fix him!”