Ch. 8 - Only Her

~ Chapter 7: Only Her  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“The plan is that you sleepover, right?” Alfredo asked me as he offered me snacks.

“Thanks,” I said, referring to the chocolate bar he handed me before answering his question. “And yeah, Justin said I could stay for two nights, if I wanted to.”

He nodded and I suddenly became quiet. The truth is, I’m actually worried about the fact that I’m even here. Justin burst through that door a few seconds ago and his face just screamed an I want to be alone look. It doesn’t feel right for me to even be here.

What the hell happened while he was gone?

His fists were clenched, he seemed hesitant, sad, lonely, disappointed and worst of all… He seemed angry at something.

“Is Justin okay?” I blurted out, causing Fredo to look at me, confusion invading his features.

“What?” he did a double take. “Why would you ask something like that? Of course he is.”

“You sure?”

Alfredo didn’t say anything at first. He looked down the hallway where Justin had disappeared earlier before meeting my gaze again. “Jackie…” he whispered, sitting down beside me. “What’s wrong? What makes you think there’s something wrong with Justin?”

“I don’t know, he just—… He seemed different. Can’t you go talk to him or something? I mean, I’m a guest and I feel like he doesn’t want anyone here right now. Was this a bad time?” I bit my lip.

He invited you. He asked you to stay two nights. Why are you doubting yourself?” he sighed.

“You’re his friend, Alfredo. You should know if he’s okay or not so.. Please? Just check up on him?” I pleaded, giving him my puppy dog eyes.

“That doesn’t work on me,” he chuckled.

“What doesn’t work on you?” I played dumb, batting my eyelashes.

That. Puppy eyes,” he smirked.

“You sure?” I continued giving him the pleading puppy dog eyes which always seems to work for me. Always. My dad said I had the eyes for it.

“Ugh!” Alfredo scoffed. “Fine! Just stop looking at me like that!”

I giggled, watching him stand up and follow after Justin’s footsteps. In the meantime, I decided to take my mind off of things and began texting Robin—which I promised her I would do when I had arrived at Justin’s.

[ Justin’s POV: ]