Having To Avoid Him

It's been a week since bumping into Nathan. He's my best friend, but I can't avoid him forever. I want stay away, but with him moving to London, it's a struggle. He's getting married and I have a crush on him, I can't go to the wedding.

Right now, I'm sitting on my sofa watching Eastenderd Omnibus and looking at my Facebook on my laptop. I have a message and it must be from my mum. I haven't spoken to her in a few weeks. Oh. It isn't. It's none other than Nathan Montgomery.

Nathan: Harper. I'm sorry about what happened. You're my best friend and I feel like I have broken our fridshup by me kissing you. I don't want to ruin things between us, but I want to talk. How about we meet up for coffee and talk? Nathan. X.

I have always loved how he signs his messages off with his name and an single kiss. Of only those kisses were real and on my lips. Stop it. He getting married and you can't have him!

I'm in my bridal boutique, when a short and petite woman walks in. She has should e length Brown hair and has hazel eyes she's wearing a baby blue satin sory of top and some white jeans. She has some white converse on. She comes up to the front desk and smiles.

"Hi. How can I help you?" I say as I smile back.

"Hello. I would like to try on some wedding dresses." She says as she puts her handbag on her shoulder.

She has a French accent, it can't be her; can it? I shake my head in disbelief. I lead he young girl to a rack of dresses that I think she might like. She starts to go through them and I watch her from the front desk in curiosity.

"Do you need any help?" I ask as I walk towards her.

"This one. This is the perfect dress" says the woman as she holds out the ivory coloured dress.

She chose a dress that ends just below the knee. It is strapless and very lacy. I take the dress from her and get the price.

"I'll need to take you name." I say without looking up.

"Gabriella, Gabriella Peters. Soon to be Gabriella Montgomery." She says as she gets out her purse.

My face falls. This a her. This is definatley the French tart that is marrying my best friend. I had to tell her about the kiss. No. Nathan would hate me. I feel tears in my eyes and they roll down my face as Gabriella says something.

"Are you ok?" Says Gabriella, looking concernd.

I shake my head and wip my tears. I bag up the dress for her and as soon as she leaves, I open up my laptop and message Nathan.

Harper: Hi Nathan. Sorry I didn't reply to your message, I just needed so space. I would like to talk as well and I think there is something I should tell you.

I go into a trance before hearing a pop on my laptop which means I have a new message. Surely he can't reply that fast. He's probably having lunch with his fiancé. It is him. I smile to myself and open the message.

Nathan: I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you like that. When should we meet and where? Nathan. X.

I type away knowing that deep down he isn't sorry about that kiss. I mean who would be sorry about a kiss that they shared with a guy they have been in love with for the past 10 years?

Harper: How about Starbucks tomorrow at 1?

Once again, Nathan replays almost instantly. I can't believe that he might actually love me! No. Stop. I have told myself this before as I'm going to tell myself again! He's getting married, and you can't have him!

Nathan: Sounds good. Nathan. X.

Harper: See you then.

I watch the green dot next to Nathan's name disappear and when it does, I realise it's time to close up to shop. I lock the door and then get into my car. I get back to my apartment and notice some letters on the floor. I pick them up and one letter that I have been waiting for is finally here.

I sit on my sofa and read the letter.

Letter: Dear Miss Harper Davidson. We are writing to you to inform you that you and your company 'London's Mysteries' have qualified for the worlds competition next May.

Since your sell rates of your dresses are incredibly high, you have got a place automatically and will not need to come to Kent to apply.

Your task for the Worlda is to make three dresses from scratch. You have three themes to choose from and you should allocate a dress to one theme. Your themes are: Summer, vintage and snow.

The dresses must be able to fit a real life person and that person you choose will have a chance to walk the run way. Each one of your dresses will be entered into different categories and the highest scoring dress from each category will have the change to design a wedding dress for a famous celebrity and will get a cash prize of 100,000 pounds.

Good luck.

World Championships of Wedding Dresses.

I scream to myself and hug the letter. I then go to put a status on Facebook about it when I realise that Nathan has sent me a messgae. But by the looks of it, I don't hibn he has wrote it.

Nathan: Hello. You must know by now that this isn't Nathan. He is my man I would appreciate it if you would stay away from him. Don't ever talk to him again! HIS fiancé, Gabriella.

That birch has a right nerve using his Facebook account to message me. When Nathan sees this, he won't be happy.