Results Day

Nathan went back to work, then on the weekend, we went to the hospital for tests. As for my grandad, he still hasn't woken up. He is deteriorating and since we were told he will wake up, but it was only a matter of time until he died, we have since been told that he is not doing well. Me and Nathan are now awaiting the test results, whilst Lily is at school and Hailey is baby sitting the twins.

"Nathan Montgomery?" A female doctor in formal clothing asks.

We stand up and then we go into her office. We sit down and Nathan's hands start shaking. I put my hands on his and he calms down.

"Hi Nathan. I'm doctor Wilde. We have the results back from your tests to see if you have Hodgkin's Lymphoma. You believe that was passed down from your father, is that correct?" Doctor Wilde asks.

"Yes." Nathan replies.

"Ok. Well you results show that you do not have Hodgkin's Lymphoma and the lumo you found in your neck is non cancerous." The doctor says.

"Thank you." Nathan says.

We both she'd a few tears and we hug each other.

"But, there is something else." The doctor says.

"What?" Nathan asks.

"We also tested to see if you had the cancer gene and unfortunately, it's there. Your white blood cells haven't started to expand yet, but if you find a new lump, you must come back." The doctor says.

"So I'm definatley going to get cancer one day?" Nathan asks.

"Not necessarily." The doctor says.

"Hold on." I say.

"Is something te matter Mrs Montgomery?" Doctor Wilde asks.

"If Nathan has the gene, is there a chance that it was passed down to one of our kids?" I ask.

"Maybe, maybe not, but they can't get tested until they are 18." The doctor says.

"Ok. Thank you so much Doctor Wilde." Nathan says.

We leave the hospital and during the ride home, I'm the first to speak up and make conversation.

"So, you don't have cancer, yay!" I say so awkwardly.

"I know, but I have the gene." Nathan says.

"Well. You don't have cancer now and touch wood, if you ever do, you will get through it, becaus if you leave me and the kids in this excuse of planet earth, then I will kick your balls so hard you'll be able to taste them." I say.

"That would hurt though." Nathan says.

"And I would be hurt if you left me." I say.

We get home and when we get inside, I go into the bathroom and throw up. I wipe my mouth, go into the kitchen, but as soon a I go to take a bite, I throw it back and throw up again. Uh, oh.

"NATHAN!" I shout.

"Yeah?" Nathan say as he comes in.

"I think I might be pregnant." I say.

Nathan stares at me.

"I thought you used protection!" I say.

"I did. You watched me put it on!" Nathan says.

"It must have broke!" I say.

"We can't deal with another baby. We don't have any room or enough money and with me and this cancer situation, it's too much!" Nathan says.

"What if I am pregnant? Arebyou saying you don't want the baby?" I ask.

"No, it's just, it's not the right time." Nathan says.

"I'm going to the pharmacy and I'm going to buy a test." I say.

I leave the house and go and but the test. I purchase it and then decide to go to Starbucks. I order and then I go into the toilet to do the test.

Minute 1:
Please be negative
This is taking so loooooong
Nathan was right, it's not the right time

Minute 2:
This is soooooo long and I'm getting bored

Minute 3:
I'm anxious now
I'm scared
I can't look

I pick up the stick and slowly turn it over with my hands shaking.

"Thank God." I say as a sigh with a huge amount of relief.

I quickly text Nathan tell I him I'm not pregnant. I leave Starbucks and for some reason, I go to Hanna's house. I knock on the door and she answers.

"Harper. Good thing you came. Hailey already knows, but now I want to tell you." Hanna says.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm pregnant." Hanna says.

"Congratulations!" I squeal excitedly.

"Hey, are you alright?" Hanna asks.

"I'm fine. I thought I was pregnant, I took a test and I'm not. I'm not disappointed, but I'm not happy either. It's not the right time, but I'd love another little baby." I say.

"Well, Louie is going to be a big brother and you can baby sit both of them." Hanna says.

"How far along are you?" I ask.

"About a month. At least this time I will be able to enjoy a lot more of the pregnancy." Hanna says.

"Where's Rykard?" I ask.

"He's taken Louie to the cinema." Hanna says.

"Hanna. I need to tell you something." I say.

"Yeah?" She says.

"Nathan's dad passed away when he was about 19 due to Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It's a type of cancer. He got tested after finding a lump, but for the all clear. The only bad news is that he does have the cancer gene and there is a chance it could have been passed onto one of our children." I say.

"Harper, I'm so sorry." Hanna says.

"Thanks, but maybe, of I get the record deal, if we move to America, it will be good for us!" I say.

"I know, but you'll be so far away from me and Louie and your new niece or nephew. Rachel, your nan and grandad, Hailey, Connor." Hanna says.

"I know, but Lily and I have our hearts set on her dancing at ALDC!" I say.

"I'll support you, you know that." Hanna says.

"Thanks Hanna." I say.

After about 10 minutes, Rykard and Louie walk through the door.

Louie goes upstairs and Rykard joins me and Hanna.

"Alright Harper?" Rykard asks.

"Yeah, you?" I ask.

"Good, how's Lily and the twins?" Rykard asks.

"They're fine." I say.

"I should go and get the twins off of Hailey. I'll talk to you later Hanna. By Rykard." I say.

"By Harper." The pair say in sync.

I leave the house and then head to Hailey's. I can't believe I am going to be an auntie again. Thank God Hanna found out earlier on though. I might have another baby, just, not yet.