Can't Keep A Secret

I'm on the way to the pub to get Rykard. He and Hanna share a car and its broken at the moment so after picking Rykard up, we are going to get Hanna and Louie. I park the car and waddle, still 6 months, into the pub.

"Rykard's in the back." Says a woman.

"Thank you." I say.

I walk through to the back. Last time I did this, I found a woman trying to kiss Rykard. This time it's the other way round.

"What the hell Rykard!" I shout as I stand in the doorway.

"Harper. It's not what it looks like!" Says Rykard as he and the girl step away from each other.

"It's exactly what it looks like. It's your son's birthday and you think it's ok to go and kiss another woman. You and Hanna are getting married next month! There probably won't be a wedding once I've told her!" I say.

I turn to leave, but Rykard stops me.

"Pleas don't tell her!" Says Rykard.

"Why shouldn't I?" I ask.

"Because she'll never forgive you!" Says Rykard.

"Never forgive me? I'm not the one that cheated on her! I'm not the one that cheated on her on your son's birthday! I'm her best friend and I'm not keeping this a secret." I say.

I go to leave again, but I'm stopped, again.

"Harper. Listen to me. You have to keep this a secret. You cannot tell Hanna." Says Rykard with both of his hands on my arms.

"Listen to what you are asking of me! I am almost 4 months pregnant with my second and third child and I am not prepared to carry the extra weight. I am not dragging the guilt of keeping a secret from my best friend. You made this mistake Rykard. You ruined your chances! Do you even love her?" I say.

Both of us are now about I and the girl that Rykard kissed is still here.

"Of course I love her! I wouldn't have asked her to marry her me if I didn't!" Rykard shouts.

"You wouldn't have kissed that sket of you did! When she find a out Rykard, she is going to be heart broken. She loves you. She really loves you Rykard. She wants to call you her husband, but you clearly don't want to call her your wife!" I say with my voice calming down.

"I do. I really do. But that kiss was a mistake and I don't know what you are still doing here!" Says Rykard as he looks at the girl.

The girl finally leaves.

"I want you to be honest with me, because I am honestly notion the mood for anymore of your lives! Was it the one kiss or has this happened before?" I ask calmly.

"On my life, it was one time, one time too many." Says Rykard.

"Do you love Hanna?" I ask.

"Yes. I love her so much. I would do anything to make this ok. If she decidesto end it, then that's ok, but I will not let her go without putting up a fight. She's the one I want to marry. She's the one I want to kiss. She's the one I want to have more children with. I want her Harper. I only want her." Says Rykard.

"You know you're going to have to tell her." I say.

"Yes I know. And I knkw it's going to destroy her." Says Rykard.

"Come on. Let's get it over with." I say.

"Ok." Says Rykard.

We walk out the door and leave the pub. We then get in the car and I drive to Hanna's. We arrive and go inside.

"Hanna. I need to tell you something." Says Rykard.

"What?" Says Hanna as she starts to get Louie's jacket and shoes on.

"Me, this girl and me at work, we set of accidentally kissed." Says Rykard.

Hanna looks up at Rykard. Tears start falling out her eyes. She stands up and hands Louie to me. I know that she want me to take him to the kitchen so I do. I can still hear everything they are saying.

"How could you do that to me and Louie?" Hanna screams.

"Hanna. Please. It was a mistake. I wish I was kissing you. I love you Hanna. I need you. Please don't ruin what we have." Says Rykard.

"We have NOTHING!" Hanna screams again.

There's a pause.

"Take this ring and give it to someone who you really love." Says Hanna.

Hanna comes into the kitchen and is crying. Then Rykard comes in.

"Hold out your hand." Says Rykard.

"What?" Says Hanna.

"Just, hold out your hand." Says Hanna.

Hanna holds out her hand. Rykard turns it over so he can see her palm. He puts the ring in her palm and closes it with her fingers. Hanna brings her hand back to her and opens it.

"Why are you giving this back to me Rykard?" Hanna asks.

"You said to take this ring and give it to someone I really love. So I decided to give it to you. I chose to give it back to you because I love you Hanna Jones. I would move heaven and earth for you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you. I love Louie and I want to be the one standing by your side when you get married. I want you Hanna. You and Louie are the only people I want." Says Rykard.

"Did you kiss her one time or has this been going on prior to this moment?" Asks Hanna.

"One time and I promise you it was one time. I regret it so much. I wish it never happened!" Says Rykard.

"You promise never to do it again?" Asks Hanna.

"I promise." Says Rykard.

Hanna kisses Rykard and when they brake apart, Hanna carefully takes Louie from me.

"Look, forget about going out for his birthday. We'll have a quiet night in nd well do something in say two weeks?" Hanna suggests.