The Aftermath

I gave birth to a healthy 6.9 baby girl. I'm cradling her now. Nathan is sitting in the chair next to my bed and Rachel is sitting down as well

"She's so beautiful." I say.

"She is. She had your mum's eyes." Says Nathan.

"So, what's her name?" Asks Rachel.

"Her full name is Lily Rose Montgomery." I say.

"Thats a beautiful name for a beautiful baby." Says Rachel.

I pass Lily to Nathan and turn on my side.

"She's tiny." Says Nathan.

"Once you get back from your training course, we'll take her up to Manchester to see the rest of our families." I say.

"Yeah." Says Nathan.

"I'm tired. Can I have one last cuddle with my baby girl and then I'm going to go to sleep." I say.

"Yeah." Says Nathan.

He passes Lily back to me and then I just look at her. She's so beautiful. I can't believe I gave birth to a beautiful human being less than two hours ago.

"Mummy is going to go to sleep now, so Aunty Rachel is going to put th on you're bed. It's ok though. Ummm is right next to you. So let us know if you need anything." I say.

Rachel takes Lily off me and I turn on my side. I slowly start to dose off. I can faintly hear Nathan and Rachel leave the room.
About 20 minutes pas and Nathan comes back in. I'm not fully asleep so I can hear everything that's going on. I end up having a dream. Well. A nightmare.

"She's awake!" Says the first person.

I recognise that voice. Oh my God. It's the man from earlier. The one who stabbed me in my stomach.
"Where's my baby?" I ask.

"Thats none of your busines!" Says the first person again.

"Of course its my business, it's my baby." I say.

"Well. Maybe if you do what we say, we might let you and your stupid kid go." Days the first person.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask.

The first person hands me a gun.

"Pick it up and shoot him." He says pointing to the second man.

"No. I can't shoot an innocent person." I say.

"Shoot him or I will shoot you and your baby." Says the man.

I pick up the gun and point it to the second man. I ate the safety off and put my finger in the trigger.

"I'm so sorry." I say.

I hear a bang and I jolt awake. I look to Lily and she is fine. Then Nathan notices and see's to me.

"Harper." Says Nathan.

"I feel dizzy." I say.

I get out of bed. I wobble a bit before collapsing in Nathan's arm's. My legs feel wet.

"I NEED SOME HELP IN HERE." Nathan shouts.

Doctors come swarming in and I'm taken away. I want to stay with Nathan, but I also want him to look after Lily.

"Ok. It looks like she is bleeding from here womb." Says one doctor.

"Lets get her down to theatre now." Says another doctor.

I feel myself being wheeled away. I'm number and then they start working on me.

♡☆Start Of Vision☆♡

"Mum? Is that you?"

"Harper. I've missed you."

"I've missed you to mum. Wait, is this heaven?"

"Yes. I've been watching over you and Nathan and my beautiful granddaughter."

"You have?"

"I have."

"I miss you mum."

"I miss you to. But you need to go back yo your daughter and your husband."

"Can you come with me?"

"Sweetie. It's been my time."

"Well, can I stay with you?"

"It's not your time. I promise you will see me again."

"I love you mum."

"I love you to."

♡☆End Of Vision☆♡

My eyes flutter open and I'm in a different room. I look around and see Nathan and Rachel, but no Lily.

"Lily?" I say.

"She's on the new born ward." Says Nathan.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You had a hemmorage and you nearly died. They took you for an emergency op that saved your life." Says Nathan.

"I think I'm going to throw up." I say.

Nathan grabs me a bowl and I throw up a little bit. I then try to get some sleep, but Nathan tells me that the doctor said once I wake up, I shouldn't go back to sleep.

"I want to see Lily!" I say with my voice getting a little louder.

"Harper. You have just got out of surgery, you are in no state to tend to your child." Says Rachel.

"I want to see my daughter." I say.

"Harper. The doctors are looking after her. She's safe." I say.

"It's not that I 7m she's not safe, I just wabt to see my kid." I say.

"You can soon, just not yet." Says Rachel.

"What's happened?" I ask.

"What do you mean what's happened?" Asks Nathan.

"Both of you. There's something you are not telling me. What is wrong with Lily?" I ask.

"Harper. I can assure you that nothing is wrong." Says Nathan.

"I'm going to see my daughter, weather you like it or not!" I say.

I try to get out of bed, but I'm stopped by Nathan. I look at him and then turn to my aunt Rachel.

"Harper. If you get out of this bed now, there is a chance you could cause more damage to you. You just woke up from surgery and you need to rest. I will go and get a doctor to see if Lily can come in." Says Nathan.

"Fine." I say.

I lay back in the bed and avoid eye contact with Rachel.

"Harper. Are you ok?" Asks Rachel.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Harper. Talk to me." Says Rachel.

"I can't even get out of bed to go and see my baby. I just want to hold her. To cuddle her. I can't do that if I'm stuck in this bloody bed." I say.

"Harper. It's ok. You just had an operation. Nathan's right, you need to rest. But I promise you, I will let you see Lily." Says Rachel.