The Big Move

Once Christmas was over, me and Nathan spent three months getting everything sorted. Hanna is about 5 1/2 months pregnant and they found out its a girl. Grandad. Barry Davidson sadly passed away on the 31st December at 2:49 am. We have to deal with what we have. It's going to be so hard breaking away from all my friends and family, but if things go well, we are hopefully coming back every six months. Today I Lily is having her last day of school.

"Have fun baby." I shout.

Me and Nathan watch our beautiful daughter go into a building she will never enter again. Me and Nathan are taking the kids to the cinema whilst Rykard, Hailey and Hanna move stuff into a loading van. The van is taking our stuff to somewhere, where it will be shipped over to L.A. We would have helped, but they insisted that we spend family time together.

"What time does our flight leave?" Nathan asks.

"5:00 am. It means Lily and the twins can have a well earned sleep before we go. We are waking up at 1:45 am and getting to the airport at 3:00 am." I say.

We first take the kids to the park, then we go to McDonald's. After that, we go shopping to buy some last minute bits and then we go home. We sit down with Hanna and Hailey whilst Rykard and Nathan finish up.

"Alyssa is moving about." Hanna says.

"You've chosen a name?" Hailey asks.

"Yep. Chose last week." Hanna says.

"How's my Francesca?" Rykard asks.

"Her name is Alyssa." Hanna says.

"I want to call her Francesca after my mum." Rykard says.

"How about Alyssa Francesca Jones?" I ask.

"Alyssa Francesca Jones. Rykard?" Hanna asks.

"I like it. Thanks Harper." Rykard says.

I stand up to hug him, but then I trip. Nathan quickly catches me. We all sit together before Nathan gets Lily. He brings her home and then we all sit together before its time for everyone to go.

"I can't believe your moving to L.A!" Hanna says.

"I know. I'm gonna miss you all so much." I say as tears escape my eyes.

We all have a group hug and then they all leave. Dion's kids are at their grandparents, so we've been allowed to stay over. Lily is going in one room, the twins are going in the other and me and Nathan are taking their pull out sofa bed.

"Nathan." I say.

"Yeah?" Nathan replies.

"I love you." I say.

"What's wrong?" Nathan asks.

"Nothing." I say.

"Harper. Don't lie to me." Nathan says.

"Why would you think I'm lying?" I ask.

"Harper. Just tell me what's wrong?" Nathan says.

"Would you want another baby?" I ask.

"Maybe. I don't know." Nathan says.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." Nathan says.

I fall asleep, but soon enough, a very annoying noise is ringing through my ears. Nathan turns it off and gently shakes me. I get up and get dressed. Nathan does too and then Dion comes down.

"I'm gonna miss having you across the road Harper." Dion whispers.

"I'm gonna miss you too. I'll come back for visits. I promise." I say.

Me and Nathan get the kids ready. Once they are awake and dressed, we make them eat some cereal. I check that we have everything. I hug Dion for the last time for a while and we then drive to the airport.

"I can't believe we are doing this." I say.

"I know." Nathan says.

We check in and then go through security. After that, we find somwwhere to sit. I rest my head on Nathan's shoulder.

"You ok?" Nathan asks.

"Yeah. Just thinking about my grandad." I say.

"He'll be looking down on you. I bet you he is so proud of you a right now." Nathan says.

We sit in silence for a bit and then I notice some people looking at me.

"I'll be right back." I say.

I get up and go over. It's 4 girls.

"Can I ask why you are staring at me?" I ask.

"Um, can you sing for us?" The first woman asks.

"It's like 4 in the morning, no!" I say.

I go to walk off, but then I'm pulled back.

"Please sing for us." The woman says.

"Nathan!" I shout.

Nathan motions for security to come over as he doesn't want to leave the kids.

"Excuse me, if you don't stop harassing Miss.Harper, I will have you escorted out of the building." The male security guards say.

The woman walk away and then I go back to my family. We are allowed a more secluded area to sit and no one else bothers us until our flight.

"Mummy. I'm scared." Sophie says.

"It's ok baby. I'll be right next you." I say.

After going through all the safety checks, we take off.

Because the twins are old enough to sit in their own, we have the kids in a row and us in the row next to them.

"Would you like any drinks or snacks?" A flight attendant asks.

"Can I have a merlot please." I say.

"Can I have a Stella please." Nathan says.

"And for the kids?" She asks.

"3 ribenas please." I say.

I hand the drinks to the kids and then the flight attendant moves on.

"Harper. You look tired. Go to sleep." Nathan says.

I put my head on Nathan's shoulder. I keep thinking that I'm betraying my family by leaving them... oh I don't know.

"Harper, you need to wake up." Nathan says.

"What, why?" I ask as I rub my eyes.

"They need to make an announcement for all adults." Nathan says.

"Oh, ok." I say.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would first like to say I'm sorry for interuppting your flight, but someone asked us to make an announcement. Me, the cabin crew and the captain, would like to congratulate on behalf of Nathan Montgomery on moving to America. Congratulations Harper on following your dreams and becoming a singer. We wish you all the best." A flight attendant says.

"Thank you." I whisper in Nathan's ear.

"For what?" He asks as he looks at me and smiles.

"For making me feel special." I say.