Almost There

Wow. So much has happened in the upcoming months to our wedding. Today is the first of Novemer which means I'm getting married to the love of my life in 27 days.

At the moment, I am laying in bed with Natahan. Hrs stroking the side of my face and we are looking at each other.

"I can't believe we are getting married in 27 days!" Says Nathan.

"I know. I'm really nervous." I say.

"Why are you nervous?" Asks Nathan.

"I don't know. I'm just scared people will laugh at me if I cry." I say.

"People won't laugh at you. It's natural to cry at a wedding." Says Nathan.

"I'm going with my bridesmaids today to get their dresses tweaked. You'll be alright here?" I say.

"I'm actuall going out with Micahel and then we are going to come back here and then we are going to go over our speeches." Says Nathan.

"Ok." I say.

I get out of bed and get in the shower. I'm excited for the wedding, but very nervous. Like really, really nervous. I get out of the shower and then hear some shouting downstairs. I throw my towel on the floor and put a dressing gown on and go downstairs.

"What the hell is going on?" I say as I stare at Michael and Nathan.

"Nothing." Says Nathan, bitterly.

"Then why were you bothe shouting?" I ask.

"Go upstairs Harper." Demands Nathan.

"No." I say.

"Look. Don't get angry with her. It's my fault ok." Says Michael.

"What are you even doing here Michael?" I ask.

"I came to tell Nathan that I lost my speech and well..." Says Michael.

"Oh come on Nathan. It's just a speech." I say.

"Whatever. Look. Michael, Harper's right, it's just a speech" says Natahan.

The pair talk for a little longer and then I finish getting ready. I put on some black jeggings and a white vest top.

"I'm off now. I'll be back later. Are you going to Michael's instead?" I say.

"Yeah. We are gonna meet around 2, so I don't know if I'll be here when you get back." Says Nathan.

"Ok." I say.

Nathan gives me a quick kiss and then I leave. I get in my car and drive towards my maid of honours, Hanna, house. When I arrive, I text her that I'm outside. She soon comes out and then we drive off to pick up three more people.

Now we are at the bridal boutique and I'm taking the measurements. The dresses are a baby blue colour and are strapless. It's a simple a popular material.

"Harper, that's a little too tight." Says Haily.

"Sorry." I say as I lessen my grip on the ribbon.

We finish up with the dresses and I soon find myslef back at home. I decide to give my grandad a call.

"Hey grandad." I say.

"Harper. How are you?" Asks my grandad.

"I'm great. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm good. How long till your wedding?" Asks mt grandad.

"27 days. Remember, Rachel will be driving you and nan down to London 4 days before." I say.

"I know and I can't wait!" Says my grandad.

"Where's nan?" I ask.

"Shes here with me. Do you want to speak to her?" Says my grandad.

"No thanks. I need to gim the house is a mess." I say.

"Ok. Take care Harper. We love you." Says my grandad.

"Take care to grandad. I love you as well." I say.

I end the call and then toss my phone onto the sofa. I then get the hoover from the cupboard under the stairs and then start cleaning. Then I start polishing when Nathan comes in.

"Hey." Nathan says.

He comes towards me and wraps his arms around my waist. I turn my head xa give him a peck on the lips.

"How have you been?" Asks Nathan.

"Ok. I've been feeling sick again today." I say.

"Youve been feeling sick for the last week mow. I really think we should go to the doctor." Says Nathan.

"Nathan. Its probably nothing. Probably just a common cold or a stomach bug." I say.

I finish cleaning and then sit on the sofa. I start flicking through a magazine. Then I realise what I have forgotten to buy.

"Thank you so much. Can I give you the money tomorrow?" I say to my best friend who is standing at the door.

"Dont worry about it." Says Hanna.

"Ok. Thanks again." I say.

We say goodbye and then I go upstairs. I go into the bathroom and sit on the edge of the bath.

"Ok. Breathe. Nothing bad can come out of his can it?" I say to myself.

"Harper. Who are you talking to?" Asks Nathan.

"No one." I say.

"Harper. What's going on?" Asks Nathan.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone." I say.

"Ok." Says Nathan.

I stare at the brown paper bag which I am holding. I take out the contents and prepare for my big life change. Ok. This is big. I need to talk to Nathan. He'll be worried about me if I don't.

I exit the bathroom and when I go into the bedroom, I find Nathan sitting on the bed.

"Talk to me Harper" says Nathan.

I can't tell him. I just can't. But he's to blame for this as much as I am.

"Nathan. Please. I promos you that nothing's wrong!" I say as I sit beside him.

"Then why did you secretly get Hanna to buy something for you?" Asks Nathan.

"Nathan please..." I say.

"We are soon to 've husband and wife and you don't talk to me." Says Nathan.

"Nathan. Trust me, I want to talk to you, I just can't find the words." I say.

"What words. Just say them." Says Nathan.

"Fine. But they are going to change your life." I say.

"Harper, it can't be that bad, can it?" Asks Nathan

"Ok. I'm pregnant." I blurt out.

Nathan states at me jaw dropped, and I can't tell if he's angry or happy. Happy, I hope.

"Nathan. Please say something." I say through the huge amoun of teas that are streaming from my eyes.

"Are you really pregnant?" Asks Nathan.

"Yes. You're gonna be a dad!" I say with a hope full smile.

"Are you being serious?" Asks Nathan.

"Yes Nathan!" I say.

I instantly feel Nathan's arms around me. When the hug is broken, he looks down to my stomach and starts to talk.

"His is your daddy. I love you very much and I can't wait to meet you." Says Nathan.

He looks back up to me and the kisses me. We break apart and then go downstairs. I go to lift up a box, but Nathan stops me.

"Hey!" I say as I drop the box on the floor.

"I don't want you to lift anything. You're pregnant and I want you to rest." Says Nathan.

He puts the box away and then sits with me.