God of Destruction

"Balder?" Loki shakes Balder. "Balder?!" Loki shakes Balder again. "BALDER!!" Loki yells. I run over next to Loki and help him carry Balder to the nurse's office. I stood inside the nurse's office next to Loki and he was completely different. I wrap my hand around Loki's and unclench his fist.

"Loki? Will Balder be alright?" I ask him and he stares at Balder.

"..........." Loki stays quiet and I face him towards me.

"Firecracker, please. Will he be alright?" I ask Loki again. He stays quiet again. Thor walks in and I look at him.

"Fae, you can leave. I'll watch them both." Thor says and I run to the cafeteria. I sit down and just had a blank look on my face. I look over at Carmen whose about to cry and Kaylee is comforting her.

"When Balder loses control of his emotions, not only does he hurt those around him, but he hurts his own heart."- Loki.

I get up and make my way to the nurse's office and hear someone call out my name.

"Fae! I'm going to accompany you. I'm bringing Balder some apples. He hasn't had dinner yet either." Apollo says and I smile. We keep on walking to the nurse's office and hear Loki and Thor talking in front of the door.

"We've waited long enough. I'm going to kill Balder with my own two hands." Loki says and Apollo drops the basket of apples and I lose feeling in my legs and fall to the ground.

"Jeez, Loki-Loki! You scared me there with that joke!" Apollo says awkwardly and helps me up.

"You guys heard me?" Loki says and the hair on his forehead covers his eyes. Both me and Apollo stay quiet.

"About how I'm going to kill Balder with my own two hands." Loki says and I walk over to him and stand in front of him.

"That was a joke, right?" I ask him worryingly.

"I fed you a lie." Loki says and I look at him confusingly.

"When I told you about how Balder would lose control of his emotions. I fed you that lie." Loki says and I don't get mad at him and I understood.

"So, he'll still hurt those around him and his heart?" I ask.

"Correct." Thor says.

"Not only is Balder the god of light, but also the god of destruction. The light attracts the darkness and causes him to become the god of destruction." Loki explains.

"For her love of her son, Frigg, she made everything in creation swear not to do any harm to him. But, since the mistletoe was so young it was excluded." Thor explained and Loki pulled out a small sword from his side.

"This is the mistletoe sword. I must pierce it through his heart. He's saved me so many times that it's my turn to save him." Loki says clenching the sword in his hand.

"So what would happen if he does become the god of destruction?" Apollo asks.

"He will destroy everything." Loki says.

"So will he just destroy everything in this garden?" I ask.

"No. He will destroy all worlds. The world you and your friends and family are from and from we're from." Thor answers.

"No! That's a lie! Balder would never do that!" I yell and grab Loki's coat.

"Fairy, you're right. He would never do that. That's why I must do this, so he wouldn't turn into that monster." Loki clenches the sword harder. "Why did it have to be him? Why did it have to be Balder?" Loki asks himself and I take the mistletoe sword from him.