Chapter 29 - His apology

Tessa's P.O.V:
Marshall looks up and drops his gaze before he finally looks up when he realises that I was standing there. I open my mouth to say something but no words come and my throat feels dry.

"Leroy sent me here." He explains as he slowly stands up.

Leroy?

When I don't say anything, Marshall lets out a frustrated sigh as he runs his hand through his hair. I walk into the room and stop a few feet away from him.

"I..uhrm.." I clear my dry throat before I carry on. "I have a party to go to." I say and finally lock eyes with him.

"Guess they didn't tell you hu?" He shakes his head, clearly he's angry.

"We're going to this party together, aren't we?" I sigh and drop down on the couch.

"Tessa I.." Marshall starts but I cut him off.

"We should get going." I mumble quickly as I stand up. Just when i'm about to walk out the room, Marshall stops me by holding onto my wrist and turning me around so i'm facing him.

"I need to say something first." He say sternly.

"We should uhr....Okay." I say nervously as I pull my wrist away from Marshall's grip. I swallow a huge lump in my throat a take a seat on the couch again. Marshall sits down and stays quiet for a few seconds.

I know he was drunk that night in New York. But usually when people are drunk they speak the truth. They speak what's on their mind and that's exactly what Marshall did back in New York.

He spoke his mind.

Marshall actually thinks that it was my fault that my ex husband cheated on me! He thinks it was all my fault that Marcus had sex with Nicole. He thinks i'm self obsessed and I don't care about others.

I can't lie but his words felt like sharp knifes being stabbed into my body a 1000 times. I didn't know Marshall could be so cold hearted and say those things.

But like I said before, I forgive him for what he said and did in New York. But now that we're next to eachother, face to face, i'm finding it way too hard to forgive him.

"Look. About New York." He sighs and rubs the back of his neck.

"I don't want to talk about it." I shrug. "I forgive you and i'm sorry for what I did. We should go. I just don't want to talk about this." I sigh as I stand back up.

"I fucking do." He mumbles. "I didn't sleep with any of those girls the first night. I swear to you. And when you found out, I couldn't remember what happened because of the drugs and the alcohol so I didn't bother denying anything." He explains calmly.

"You didn't even sleep with one of them on that first night?" I ask.

"No." He shakes his head. "When I saw you on tv letting that guy kiss you, I didn't bother thinking twice about it. But when the media started putting out these stories, I believed them and I thought you were getting revenge on me by kissing that guy." He explains.

"I promise you now, I wasn't." I say quietly.

"I know." He sighs.

"But when you were at the club, you left with that red haired woman and-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Like I said I was popping alot of pills that morning with fifty and Lloyd banks, I just thought you were trying to make me look bad by letting that guy kiss you..." Marshall trials off.

"So you were trying to play me at my own game." I let out a small sigh.

"Yeah." He mumbles. "But I didn't want it to get serious by getting lawyers involved but when you took of your ring I thought you were trying to make me look bad...." He says gesturing towards my hand. "You still don't have it on." He says.

"It's in my clutch." I tell him as I open it up and take the ring out. "I wasn't trying to make you look bad when I didn't wear it and honestly, I forgot to wear it sometimes." I tell him as Marshall and I look at the engagement ring that's in my palm.

"Yeah. I figured that out later then I should've." He says. I slide it down my finger and Marshall and I just stare at it for a few seconds.

"We should get going." I say quietly as I close my clutch and start to get up but Marshall places his hands on my thigh.

I swallow hard and sit back down as I convince myself that his hand on my thigh doesn't have any affect on me when it actually does. That's what I was so confused about.

I hated him for what he said but then again every time I thought about kissing him, I just get this weird fuzzy feeling. Everytime he touches me by accident or when we sit down next to eachother, I just get this feeling that I can't explain.

Wow Tess, creepy much!

"Is there something else you wanted to say?" I ask him after a long pause. Marshall moves his hand making me let out a breath that I didn't even realise I was holding in.

"Yeah...I..Uhr.." He clears his throat awkwardly. "I wanna apologise for what I said to you when we were arguing, before you..uhr left. I'm sorry." He says slowly.

"You remember?" I ask him.

"I remembered two or three days after." He says,

"Oh." I mumble.

"I was out of line and...What I said to you was a mistake. I didn't mean to say what I said." Marshall says, he turns to me and holds my gaze.

"You were drunk." I shrug.

"The first night was fucking amazing and I just had to fuck it up by breaking my word to you." He sighs. We keep our eyes locked onto eachothers. "I'm sorry for what I said, Tessa." He whispers.

When I don't say anything, Marshall drops his head and lets out a sigh before he stands up. He waits for me to get up but I don't move.

"I'll be waiting in the car." He says before he leaves.

Once he's out of sight, I lean back and and run my hand through my hair as I think. He remembers. He remembers everything. Most of all, he actually apologised to me.

Marshall actually regrets everything. He regrets breaking his promise to me. He regrets saying those harsh and cruel words. He regrets hiring that lawyer...

He actually said he was sorry.

♠♠♠

Heyy guys!

Thank you so much for reading Chapter 29, I hope you guys enjoyed it. I know, i'm sorry it's short! I'm going to try and update in a few minutes, my friends celebrate eid so everyone doing henna and my friend wanted to try it on me so i'm waiting for my hand to dry still:(

(To those who celebrate it, I hope you guys have an amazing eid)

Anyway, tell me what you think! Tessa's manager Leroy really fucking sucks, right?

I appreciate the views/votes/comments. Thank you sooooooooooo fucking much! I really appreciate it xx

I'll see you guys soon! Byee! 😚😚