Chapter 70 - Iris

Tessa's P.O.V:
I tap the end of the pen and and let out a small sigh. I turn up the music louder and place one hand on my head phones as I watch Leroy's lips move and his face scrunch up in anger. 

Get angry, what do I care?

Leroy leans foward and I watch him talk with his hands. I start to hum to the song before I start to sing it, making my manager roll his eyes at my childish behavior. Yes, i'm giving him the silent treatment.

I lean back into my seat and watch my mangers face turn bright red as he shouts. Still, I can't hear him because of the headphones. Leroy stands up and walks towards me, making me jerk my head back as he reaches out for making headphones. 

"Move!" I say a bit too loud but get ignored anyway. Leroy pulls the headphones off me and wraps the wire around them before he takes my cd player and walks towards my bed. 

"Tessa. Hear me out." Leroy says. 

Silence.

"You were the one that signed the contract." He tries again. 

Silence.

"Tessa. Quit acting like a child and speak." He says, raising his voice a little. 

Silence. 

God, I want to say so much to him but instead, I keep my mouth shut. I left Marshall's home studio, only to have Leroy follow me into my room a few minutes later. I have no idea where Marshall went, I heard him slam the front door before he drove away. 

"Like I told you before, me and Paul don't make the rules and plan all these other things. We're just told to do things and our job is to make sure you do them." Leroy explains as I draw a random pattern in my notebook. 

Silence. 

"Tessa. Speak to me." Leroy huffs. 

Silence.

"Everything that I am doing is for you." Leroy says, making me slam my notebook down on the table. 

"Don't you dare say that!" I snap as I point my finger at him. "Nothing you do is for me!" I add. 

"Everything is for you. For you to be more famous. For you to have more success. Fame comes at a cost love and-" He starts before I quickly cut in. 

"Oh don't give me that bullshit!" I say as I stand up. "This is not for me, it's all for you!" I state. 

"For me?" Leroy says in disbelief.

"Yes, for you! It is all for you. You get the money since i'm one of your biggest artist. You get popular amongst all these managers." I shout. 

"That's no-" Leroy starts but I carry on talking. 

"You don't care about me." I state. 

"This is all for you." He states. 

"Okay. Explain how?" I say as I fold my arms across my chest. 

"You're adopting. People love it when they see celebrities adopt." He says. 

"Okay and what happens when the contract ends. What then? We ship the baby back off to where it came from, only to ruin his or hers life?" I say. 

"The child gets a large amount of money sent to hers or his bank account. The money will be available to them when they are 18. With that mine they will be set for life!" Leroy says, making me let out a small sad laugh.

"So you're paying the kid off." I sigh. "You're going to ruin the baby's life!" I say.

No one is ruining anyone's life!" Leroy shouts.