Chapter 81 - You're An Alcoholic

Marshall's P.O.V:
I wrap up the broken glass in one of my sweatpants that's in her closet and stand back up. I let out sigh as I place the bottle of burbon back and close the door. There's 23 empty bottles in there and 9 that haven't been opened yet. 

I walk away with my sweatpants in my hand. I can't just dump the broken glass in her room otherwise Tessa will know that I was here. I'm going to confront her, in order to help her I need to confront her but i'm not ready just yet.

I hung up the phone with Alex right after I found the bottles. When he asked me what that smashing noise was, I told him that I knocked into a lamp when I was getting up. I could tell he didn't believe me but he just let it go.

I let out a sigh as I fix her bed sheet before I make my way towards the door. I switch off the lights and pull open the bedroom door, only to find Tessa standing there. 

"Marshall?" She says in suprise. "It's late. Why are you still up?" She asks.

"I couldn't sleep." I shrug.

"Me and you both." She sighs as she runs her finger through her hair. She freezes in her spot and her gaze shifts away from mine and lands in her room. "Why..." She clears her throat and sits up. "I'm sorry, I know this is your house but...Why are you in my room?" She asks slowly.

Fuck.

"I needed....A charger." I think of a quick excuse.

"A charger?" She repeats.

"Yeah. My phone charger is messed up so I needed to use yours." I state.

"Oh." Tessa mumbles as she nods before it goes quiet between us. "Where is it?" She asks after a very long pause.

"Hm? Where's what?" I ask.

"The charger?" She raises her brow.

"I couldn't find it." I shrug. "It's fine though, I can just use-" I start but get cut off as she turns the light on and walks past me. I watch her as she walks towards her bed and turns on the lamp.

"Here you go." Tessa says in confusion as she picks up her charger from her bedside table. "The...charger...that you couldn't find." She adds slowly as she walks towards me and hands it to me.

"Thanks." I mumble as I take it from her.

"No problem." She nods and folds her arms across her chest.

"It's, ehr late. We should go to bed, Tess. You're probably tired after the interview." I say.

"Okay. Good night." She smiles.

"Aren't you coming?" I raise my brow.

"I just need some time alone." She shrugs. "I'm sleeping here tonight." She adds.

"Are you okay?" I say. I glance at her walk in closet and then quickly back at her when her gaze drops to the ground. The light....I left the light on.

"I'm fine." She says. "Like I said. I just need time alone." She says as she kisses me, mumbling a good night before she walks towards her bed. She quickly stops in her tracks, making me knit my brows together in my confusion.

"Te-" I start but get cut off.

"Have you been in my closet?" She asks as she turns to face me.

"What? No." I lie.

"Then why is the light to my close on?" She asks.

You idiot...

"Beats me." I shrug. "Samantha probably left the light on when she was putting the laundry away." I shrug.