Chapter 132 - Charity Event (Part Two)

Alexander's P.O.V:
I drop my phone down next to me and watch the nurses walk out once they switch off all the machines that are surrounding Karla. One of the doctors stop infront of me and crutches down next to me as he takes his scrub cap off.

I keep my eyes fixed on Karla's hand that's hanging above the floor. I know the doctors speaking to me but for some reason his words are not reaching my ears. I turn to face him and stare at him blankly but still his words don't reach me.

The man stands up and walks off but not before he taps my shoulder. My body feels numb as I slump back against the wall and ignore the tears as they run down my cheeks.

Karla was more than just a friend. Yes, at first we hated eachother but we got to know eachother these past couple of months. She was like a sister to me. She was like a sister to all of us and now....Well now she's-

I freeze in my spot when I hear a baby crying. Without a second thought, I stand up from the ground and walks towards the cot that was moved to the corner. I walk past Karla and towards the baby.

For a few seconds I just stand there and stare down at the baby. I watch as the baby cries and squirms. I blink away tears and clear my throat quickly as I wipe my tears away. I secure the blanket around his tiny body before I pick him up.

"I've got you....Hey...Shhh, I got you. I got you." I whisper to the baby as I rock him in my arms. "I've got you, Jameson. I've got you." I whsiper to him.

I take out mobile from my pocket and flip it open. I called Tessa and Nick so many times but they both ignored my calls and Chris has his phone turned off. None of them know about her yet apart from me.

I dial Tessa's number and place it next to my ear and listen it go straight to voicemail. I know she's got that Charity event to go to today but she should still have her phone on her. I listen to her speak before there a long beeping noise, letting me know that I can leave a message now.

"Tessa. Por favor llámam, Tessa. es urgente!" I say and flip my phone closed.

{Translation: Please call me back, Tessa. It's an emergency.}

"Papa." I look up at the door at the sound of my daughter voice. "Is she...Dead?" Jessica asks.

"Jess ¿podrías esperar afuera?" I say softly.

{Translation: Will you go wait outside?}

"Pero papa-" Jessica starts but gets cut off by Andrew.

{Translation: But.}

"Go wait outside, Jessica." Andrew says. Jessica doesn't say anything and walks right out. My big brother walks in and runs his fingers through his thick hair once he stops a few feet away from Karla's bed. "How long has it been since..." He slowly trails off and waits for me to speak.

"They brought her back." I state.

"And?" He asks.

"She started to cough and then...That's it. I called the doctors again." I state.

"Does Chris know?" He asks, making me shake my head. "His phone has been off for the last couple of hours." I state.

"And Tessa?" He asks.

"She doesn't know." I say. "Shes not answering my calls and neither is Nick. I don't have Marshall number so I don't know how to reach him." I explain.

"What about her family?" He asks.

"She's been gone for less than twenty minutes, Andrew." I say and watch him shake his head.