Chapter 108 - It Was Already Over

Karla's P.O.V:
I step out of the elevator and walk down the hallway before I stop at door number 36. I look down at the paper that has the address written down on it before I knock on the door lightly.

After a couple of minutes the door swings open and Nick pops his head out. He sighs at the sight of me as he drops his gaze down to the ground. I cross my arms across my chest and raise my brow.

"You gonna let me in?" I ask.

"If I don't, will you leave peacefully?" He raises his brow.

"What do you think?" I sigh. Nick closes the door before he fully unlocks it and steps to the side. I walk into his apartment as I look around.

"She home?" I say referring to his ex wife, or wife....or is it his girlfriend? Oh I don't know!

"Olivia?" He says as he walks past me. He covers the bottom half of his body with just a plain white towel. His hair and his body is still a little wet, not that i'm staring at him or anything.

I can't wait to shout at this little bastard. He'll probably go crying to his ex wife, or wife, or girlfriend, ugh, whatever the hell she is to him!

"Yes, Olivia." I mumble.

"She's been away on a work trip since tuesday." He tells me as I walk towards the window and look out at the street. "Is there something wrong?" He asks.

"Wrong?" I repeat and let out a pissed off laugh.

"Yep. There's something wrong." He sighs as he walks towards the couch with a cup of coffee in his hand. He places the coffee on the table and sits down.

"You told Tessa that Marshall is a player." I state. "She phoned me yesterday and was cursing at him the whole time." I add. Nick shrugs in response, making me clench my jaw as I stomp towards him. "What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. You!" I yell as I hit him with my bag.

"Ow! Okay, calm down!" He says as he backs away from me a little and puts up his hands in defense.

"She's fucking taken!" I shout.

"It was already over between them!" He yells back as I hit him. "Calm down!" He adds.

"No, I won't calm down!" I yell. Nick backs up against the sofa, making me climb on top of it before I start to hit him.

"Karla. Calm down!" He says again. I stop once I realise i'm literally on top of him and he's wet too. Ew. I huff as I climb off him and push him away. "Jesus, man." He says in anger as he sits up.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Me? What the hell are you doing?" He says in disbelief as he tightens the towel around his waist.

"Why would you tell Tessa that Marshall is a player?" I ask.

"I was only keeping her safe." He shrugs.

"Safe?" I repeat in disbelief.

"Yeah. This way she won't go near Marshall and she'll get to live." He states. "I'm looking out for her." He adds.

"The only person you're looking out for is yourself, Nick." I say, making him clench his jaw as he looks up at me. "Why would you say you love her?" I ask in anger.

"Ka-" He starts but I cut him off.

"Espically infront of Marshall!" I add through gritted teeth.

"I made it up." He shrugs after a long pause. I let out a laugh as I shake my head and sit down on the couch.

"No. I know you love her." I state.

I've known this for a very long time now. Ever since he came back into her life, I just knew that he hadn't moved on from Tessa. I could tell from the way he did all these favours for her and looked after her when she needed someone. I've seen the way he looks at her and how she makes him smile and laugh even at times when it's impossible to make him laugh or smile. She lights up his world but he's just not the one.