Chapter 122 - The Married Couple

Marshall's P.O.V:
"Okay. One last picture with just the married couple and then we're going to do family pictures!" The photographer says as his team rush around us. I wait for the lady to fix Tessa's dress before the photographer tells his partner to get us in position.

"Marshall, wrap your arm around Tessa's waist!" The photographer shouts. I clear my throat and place my arm around Tessa's tiny waist. Tessa and I lock eyes for a few seconds before a small smile spreads across her lips.

"What's wrong?" Tessa asks.

"Nothings wrong." I shake my head lightly. I clear my throat and smile at her.

"We are actually married." She states before she laughs softly as I smile nervously. A flash goes off, letting us know that the photographer snapped a picture.

"Yeah." I say awkwardly. Tessa's smile slowly fades away. I watch her as she drops her gaze down to the floor and then up at me again.

"There's something wrong." She states.

"Why would there be something wrong?" I ask as I shrug lightly.

"You...Nick and Karla are acting as if someone just died." She states. I look away from her and glance at Nick and Karla who are whispering to eachother.

They do look like someone just died...

"I don't know whats up with them." I shrug. "Nick and I don't talk much so I wouldn't know and Karla's been busy lately." I lie. Nick and I have become good friends lately and Karla and I talk every day.

"Hmm." She hums and looks back at me. "So what's wrong with you?" She asks, making my mouth go dry.

"Nothings wrong." I shrug.

"Marshall." She tuts. Tessa opens her mouth to speak again but quickly closes it again when the photographer starts to shout out orders.

"Okay, Tessa! I want you to wrap you arms around Marshall and look up at him. Marshall, keep your hand on her waist and look down at her!" The photographer shouts.

Tessa wraps her arms around me loosely as I tighten my grip around her. We stand there for the next couple of minutes as we hold eachothers gaze.

"Okay! Now family pictures!" The photographer shouts. "First the daughter only." He says. Iris walks towards us, making me smile lightly before I wrap my arm around her. "Beautiful....Beautiful!" The man says as he snaps pictures. "Okay, now the little girls!" He says, referring to my daughters.

Kim didn't come to the wedding and she wasn't going to let Hailie and Alaina come either until Nathan went over to her place with Proof and persuaded her to let them come.

"Come on, baby." I say to Alaina as I wrap my arm around Hailie and pick her up. I watch Tessa place her arms on Alaina shoulder as Iris places her head on my shoulder.

"Okay! Say cheese!" He says before he snaps the pictures. "Okay now I want a full family photo. Tessa's family and friends and Marshall's family and friends, get together!" He yells.

***

I clear my throat and walk away from my wife and make my way towards Nick who's waiting by the entrance with Karla. I nod at a few people who smile at me and congratulate me before I walk towards him.

"Did she see you walk away?" Nick asks as we walk out of the tent.

"No. She was busy talking to Iris." I state as we walk past the lake in the dark and towards my house. We stay quiet as we walk through the house and out the front door.