Chapter 140 - I'm Here For You

Nick's P.O.V:
I toss my car keys in its normal glass bowl by the front door to my apartment before I loosen the black tie around my neck. I place my briefcases down and let out a long sigh as I make my towards the kitchen and fill up a glass of water. I glance at the clock before I look away again.

It's only 1:37am i'm probably going to be awake for the next couple of hours too. My eyes shoot up towards the living room area when the lamp switches on. Olivia pulls the blanket away from her body before she stands up, making me look away. 

"Can...I get you anything?" She asks.

"What are you? My maid?" I say before I drink my water. From the corner of my eye, I see her make her way towards the kitchen slowly.

"I made chicken and-" She starts but stops talking when I place my empty glass down and walk away from her. I walk into our bedroom and take my jacket off before I place it on the back of the chair. Olivia walks into the bedroom like a lost puppy, making me let out a sigh. 

Can't I go anywhere without being followed?

I take a seat on my side of the bed and bury my head in my hands. Oliva walks further into the room but instead of coming towards me, she walks to her side of the bed. I hear her pull open the draw before she rummages through it. After a few seconds, she closes the draw lightly. I keep my face buried in my hands when she sits down on the floor next to me. 

"Here." She says, making me look up. I glance down at the glass of water and the two pulls in her palm. Every night I come home drunk, Olivia is awake with two painkillers and a glass of water. She's even awake in the morning with the painkillers and breakfast on ready.

"I'm not drunk." I state. I've got a little bit of alcohol in my body but it's not enough to make me tipsy.

"You look like you're in pain." She says. I take the pills from her palm before I place them in my mouth. "I'll leave two here on the bedside for you....When you wake up with a hangover." She shrugs. 

Huh...She's usually gives me the pain killers herself.

"I don't plan on drinking, Olivia." I say. She lets out a sigh and looks away from me. 

"Yeah." She mumbles, clearly not believing me one bit before she stands up and turns her back towards me.

"Wait." I say, making her stop in her tracks. "Where's your ring?" I ask. She clears her throat as she tucks her hair behind her ear. Her emerald coloured eyes scan my face for a few second before she drops her gaze down to the floor.

"In my bag." She says before she turns her back towards me and walks away.

"Why?" I ask and hear her let out a long sigh as she stops by the door.

"It's what you want, isn't it?" She shrugs and turns to face me. My eyes follow her every move as she walks towards the chair by her vanity table. She looks through her hand bag before she takes out a big brown envelope, making me stand up.

"What's this?" I ask when she makes her way towards me. She holds the envelope out to me which I don't take. 

"Divorce papers." She sniffs and looks up at me, her eyes glossy with tears. "I signed the papers just like you wanted." She says. I stay quiet and when I don't take the papers, she take my hands and wraps it around the heavy envelope.

"Oli-" I start and get cut off. 

"I'm staying at a hotel." She says, her voice slightly cracking near the end. She places her hand over her mouth as she shakes her head. "Then i'm moving back to Chicago." She tells me.