Chapter 159 - I Killed My Bestfriend

Ryder's P.O.V:
I keep my arm wrapped around mom's shoulder as I watch the papparazi take pictures of her from far. I look away from the papparazi as they call us from far away.

They won't even leave mom alone whilst shes visiting uncle DeShaun's grave. Whilst she's mourning the loss of another close friends that she lost within just seven months of Karla and Chris. I don't think i've ever come across someone so heartless and cold.

I don't know how mom does it sometimes. I don't know how she leaves the house when she's hurting and when she knows these assholes will be waiting for her outside to follow her everywhere she goes and take her pictures.

"They'll be gone soon." I say when I see mom look towards the papparazi. Iris follows our gaze before she lets out a sigh and shakes her head.

"I doubt it." Mom mumbles. She lets out a soft sigh and look back down at the grave stone. "Oh DeShaun...." I hear her whisper. I swallow hard as I keep my gaze fixed on the grave stone.

It still hasn't settled in with me yet that uncle DeShaun's gone. I didn't know him for very long but he treated me like one of his own kids. He treated me and Iris like we were blood.

Mom missed the funeral. She couldn't go and she wasn't the only one. Iris hates funeral ever since she witnessed our dad get buried. I went, only to find out that dad wasn't there. They were about to go bury his casket without dad until I stopped them. 

I begged uncle DeShaun's wife to wait for dad to show up. She was angry at dad at first but then agreed to delaying the funeral half an hour for him. I found dad in the studio working on a couple of unreleased songs that him and uncle DeShaun's wrote together. Dad was acting like DeShaun was still alive. He was ignoring that fact that he got killed in a shooting.

After an hour, I finally convinced dad to go the funeral. Although I hate him right now for what he did to mom, I stayed by his side whilst they lowered uncle DeShaun's casket into the grave. After the funeral, I stayed with dad one night and then came back home. We haven't had contact since the funeral which was over a week ago.

"Your dad's probably all over the place." Mom whispers lightly.

"I wouldn't know. I haven't seen him since the day of the funeral." I shrug when mom turns to face me.

"What?" She shakes her head lightly.

"I don't like seeing his wife around him when i'm there." I state. I notice mom swallow hard slightly when I said his wife.

"Kim didn't do anything wrong, Ryder." Mom says as she wipe's her tears aways with the tissue in her hand. "Besides, your dad needs you now more then ever. Spend time with him. Look after him." She adds. I look away from her and down at the flowers in her hand. "Don't do it for me. Do it for DeShaun." She sighs, making me turn to face the grey gravestone. "Go on sweetheart." Mom nudges Iris.

I stay quiet and keep my gaze fixed on the gravestone as Iris stands up and place flowers by the grave. She runs her hands over the grave stone and mumbles something before she stands up and walks towards my car. I hold my keys out for Iris, making her walk back towards me before she takes the key. Iris walk's away quietly towards my car as I wait for mom.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you." I hear mom say softly as she places the flowers down next to ones that Iris just placed. "Thank you for everything." She adds before she kisses the graves stone. Letting out a sigh, she quickly bites down onto her lower lip to stop herself from crying as she stands up and walks away.

Marshall's P.O.V:
I stay quiet as I watch Paul walk around my studio. I can see him speaking. His lips are moving but for some odd reason, I can't hear him. His words won't reach me. My minds too busy thinking about DeShaun. It's too busy thinking about death.