Chapter 72 - Abuela

Tessa's P.O.V:
Eleven days. It's been eleven days since I last came home and seven days since Marshall and I last saw eachother. I stayed in a hotel room with Nick right besides me. Hugging me at night as I cried for the baby I lost. 

Pathetic I know. 

It's the first time I ever cried for that baby. Not only did I cry for the baby that I lost but I also cried for my mom, even though she would mentally abuse me as a kid. I was all over the place and I just wanted my mom to comfort me. Thinking about Iris made me even more emotional since we're not only ruining our life but hers too.

Nick wouldn't let this go. He tried to sneak out of the house everytime I was in the bathroom or when I was sleeping. He would try to go to the airport to book a flight to California so he could go after Gayle. I payed the employee by the front desk to call me everytime he tried to leave. We didn't stay at Nicks apartment since he's extending it.

Nick things I should talk about my feelings. He thinks it's not healthy to not talk about your feelings...Yeah right! I cried like a baby when I talk about my miscarriage. I couldn't stop crying and I woke up with the worst headace ever!

Talking about it just broke me down. It's the first time I ever talked about the baby. It broke my heart when I would see Nick also crying whilst I cried or witnessing him waking up from a nightmare whilst he was all sweaty and emotional. 

It's all because of me. 

I just had to open my mouth? Now I have Nick all worried and emotional. Things are going to change between us, I just know it. He's going to treat me different now that he knows.

We ordered room service whenever we were hungry and Marshall spent an afternoon with us. I made Nick promise that he wouldn't tell Marshall about Gayle which he wasn't so happy about. 

I place my chin on Marshalls shoulder and let out a small sigh, making him tighten his arms around me as I close my eyes. It feels so damn nice to have him close to me again. 

"I hate this." I say, making Marshall sigh before he places his a small kiss on my shoulder. "I hate this so much." I mumble. 

"I know." Marshall whispers. "Makes you wonder what other kinda other bullshit they're going to throw at us." Marshall says, making me sigh. 

God only know's how long we stood there in the foyer just hugging eachother. It felt nice being wrapped up in his arms once again. I almost fell asleep just standing there until Lilly walled down the long marble steps. 

"Welll...The news is out." Lilly says, making me open my eyes. 

"What news?" I ask. I let out another sigh when Marshall drops his arms around me and let's go off me. I move away from Marshall and turns to face her. 

Yes, Lilly knows about the whole contract thing. She asked me a couple of times if me and Marshall are together since she would see us kissing when she used to look after me. Of course, I told her that we are just close friends since I don't want her running off to our managers and telling them and I told her we were just acting like a couple infront of her.

I can't trust her when I barley even know her. Lilly also had to sign a contract which states that she can't tell anyone about the contract, even when it's all over. 

"About Iris." She says as she holds out a magazine to me. 

"What?" I say quickly and take the magazine from her. 

"Already?" Marshall says as I walk past her and sit down on the last step before I look at the cover which has a picture of Marshall and I and a separate picture of Iris, well a mugshot to be exact.