Chapter 93 - Match Made In Heaven

Tessa's P.O.V:
My mouth drops open and my eyes go wide. Nick knits his brows together in confusion as he stand up from the couch and walks towards me slowly as he reaches out for my hand.

"What's happened? What wrong?" He asks.

"Tess. Are you still there?" Karla asks from the other end.

"Tess?" Chris laughs.

"I...You're getting married." I state in shock.

"Yep." Chris chuckles.

"You've set the wedding date." I state. "Oh my god. I'm going to cry." I say and cover my mouth. "My best friends are getting married." I say as tears run down my cheek.

"They're getting married?" Nick asks quickly.

"Yes." I sniff.

"Oh shut up. You're gonna make me cry." Karla says through the phone.

"Oh....Wait for it....And here she goes." I hear Chris say before I hear Karla let out a sob.

"Why the fuck are you crying?" Nick asks.

"They're getting married." I cry.

"Well then why are you crying?" He asks in confusion. "You're supposed to be happy." He adds.

"I am happy you idiot!" I slap his arm and wipe my wet cheeks.

"You on your period or something." He mumbles as he hugs me.

"My best friends are getting married." I state as I keep the phone pressed against my ear.

"Women." I hear both Chris and Nick sigh at the same time.

***

"Oh. That's pretty." Iris smiles as I walk out in my bridesmaid dress. I look at her and laugh softly as I look in the mirror. "You look beautiful. Doesn't she, Marshall." She nudges him.

"Mhmm." Marshall nods and looks away from me.

"Oh my god!" Karla squeals making me quickly turn away from the mirror.

"How do I look?" I smile at her.

"Absolutely stunning." She smiles wide as her eyes scan the bridesmaid dress. "Wow. I can't believe this is actually happening." She claps her hand.

"I'm so excited." I say as I turn back to face the mirror. "I'm going to take this off. I don't want to ruin it before the big day." I smile and walk away.

I walk out of my living room and towards my bedroom. Marshall, Iris and I landed in Detroit last week. The wedding is tomorrow and since I live in a mansion, all the guest from abroad and close family are staying at my place.

The maids and guards smile at me and nod at me as I walk past them and up the long marble stair case, making me smile back at each one of them.

I push open the door to my bedroom and close it behind. My smile drops and I let out a long sigh as I slide down to the floor with my back against the door. I kick off my shoes as I cover my face.

I'm trying to be the perfect bridesmaid. I'm trying to be happy. I'm smiling at everyone and laughing at their dry jokes. I'm trying to get along with everyone. I'm trying to look like i'm fucking happy when in reality, i'm not!

One month....One fucking month. How much time do you need to think? Marshall has barley said a bloody  word to me in four fucking weeks!

For the last two weeks, i've been distracted with all the wedding planning but the whole thing has been dreadful! The whole time my mind would be on Marshall. When we would go shopping for the wedding dress, my mind was on him and only him. When we went shopping for the bridesmaid dresses, my mind was on him and only him. When we went cake tasting, when we went to pick the venue, when we went to pick out an outfit for the groom and the grooms men, my mind was on him and only him!