Chapter 152 - She's Gone

Marshall's P.O.V: 
I watch Tessa from the gap in the door as I stay glued to the spot. My heart breaks a little everytime she whispers to herself, everytime she tells herself to be stronger and pull herself together. I look to the right and watch Kim smile and nod at me before she walks away with Hailie who's asleep in her arms.

"Go talk to her." Kim say as she looks back at me. "Get her back, Marshall." She adds before she turns her back towards me and walks off towards the lift that's in the studio. 

Get her back? She's saying it like it's the simplest thing to do. 

I dig my hands into my pocket and place my forhead against the door as I watch my ex wife burst out in tears once again. She covers her face and shakes her head before she pulls at her hair slightly. My eyes scan the marks and bruises on her bare shoulder and neck that I made. 

Me. I made those marks with my bare hands and then I tell her how much I love her and I beg her not to leave me? Man, what the fuck is wrong with me? Why the hell would I lay my hands on Tessa? 

"Shut up and hold it in." I hear her say to herself. I look down at time on Rolex and let out a sigh. I have ten to fifteen minutes to get her to listen to me before she flies out to California for an award ceremony.

Tessa pulls her heels towards her and pulls them on before she stands up. My eyes scan her white dress that hits the floor once she stands up. She places one hand on her hip and runs her hand through her hair that the hair stylist just fixed. "Damn it, damn it, damn it." She whispers as she wipe's at her face and tries to stop crying.

I push open the door as she rips off tissue from the roll and wipe's at her wet cheeks. I close the door quietly behind me and walks towards her. Before I can even think about what i'm about too, I wrap my arms around her and pull her against me. Tessa burst out in tears and sound of her sobs fill up the room as she places her hand on the of my arm and tightens her grip around it.

"Why are you here, Marshall?" She asks. 

"I can't leave you alone knowing that you're hurting." I whisper in her ear and kiss her on the cheek, making her squeeze her eyes shut. Tessa pulls away from me and walks towards the window.

"You can't be here." She finally speaks after a couple of minutes of silence. 

"Tessa, it's been a week." I state. I take a seat on the couch and lean back into it. "I've been without you for a week and life has been nothing but-but hell." I throw my hands up in the air.

"You have to get used to living without me." I hear her say quietly as she wipe's her tears away before she sniffs.

"No.....No, Tess-" I start and get cut off.

"We're going to be late." Leroy walks in, making Tessa jump slightly at the sound of his sharp voice before she quickly straightens up. I watch her as she grabs her purse and phone with her back turned towards Leroy and me.

"She'll be down in a second." I say.

"You're not aloud to be near her...You shouldn't even be talking to her." Leroy says.

"I said she will be down in a fucking second." I hiss as I stand up. I walk towards the door and slam it in his face before I lock it. Tessa stays quiet as she walks around the room to collect her person belongings. 

"They're everywhere." I hear her say. "They are watching us everywhere. Our managers....Security, the make up artist, drivers...They all work for the contract. T-they're everywhere." She adds quietly.

"So what if they're fucking everywhere?" I shrug.

"We can't be seen together." She says.

"Tessa, I don't give a shit if we're being watched. I love you. You love me, okay? You're my children's mother. We have a family together." I follow her around the room as she collects her belongings. "They can watch all they fucking like." I add in anger.