Chapter 121 - An Autumn Wedding (Part Three)

Tessa's P.O.V:
I keep frozen in my spot as Marshall and I hold eachother gaze. My eyes shift away from him and onto Karla when I see her pass her bouquet to my cousin Bonnie. Just when she's about to take a step foward and come towards me, Leroy quickly stands up and put up his hand.

I watch Leroy in confusion as he buttons his jacket and clears his throat before he smiles at everyone. Leroy looks away from everyone and starts to make his way towards me. I see him clench his jaw and fist lightly as he walks towards me.

Leroy stops right infront of me and grabs a hold of my wrist, making Andrew take a step foward. Leroy clears his throat and lowers down before he whispers in my ear, making sure Andrew doesn't hear.

"I thought by now you would have learnt your lesson." He whispers out in anger. "You get down the aisle before I do something that will make you regret this!" He adds.

Leroy moves back and clears his throat as he straightens up. He smiles at me before he places his hand on my shoulder, trying to act as if what he just did didn't happen.

"I'm proud of you, Tessa." He says loudly. "And I understand if you don't want to this...If you're not ready. I understand if you walk away, my child. I'm sure Marshall will too." He adds. Leroy wraps his arms around me and hugs me. "Get down that damn aisle." He hisses before he takes a step back, smiles at me and then walks back to his seat, leaving me stunned.

What the hell just happened...

Never during my entire career did Leroy ever talk to me or threaten me in such a cruel way. What the hell is he going to do if I walk back down the aisle and not get married.

I get snapped out of my thoughts when Andrew clears his throat. Leroy sits down and whispers something to Paul, making him nod before he relaxes a little and leans back into his seat. I look away from our managers and at all the guest who are talking in hushed tones as they stare at me.

"Tessa. Marshall is waiting." Andrew whispers to me. "You wanna take a break? Or do you want to jus-" He adds but stops talking when my feet immediately start moving. The music plays again as we start to walk towards Marshall.

"You sure you don't want a quick five minute break?" Andrew whispers, making me shake my head as we carry on walking.

My heart starts to beat faster and faster as I stop a few feet away from Marshall. Andrew kisses my cheek before he shakes hands with Marshall and places my hand in his.

Marshall nods slowly as he wraps his fingers around my hand and gives me a sad tight lip smile. We both turn to the man standing in front of us and wait for him to start the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony..." The mans words slowly drift away and my mind goes into its own world.

~ Flashback ~

I take the brown leather book from Marshall's closet before I walk back out towards his bedroom and hold the book up. Marshall looks up from his notebook and glances at the book before he sighs.

"I'm guessing this is something you're embarrassed about?" I laugh softly as I open the book and smile at baby Marshall. "You were so cute!" I say, making him roll his eyes. Marshall gestures for me to come towards him as he takes off his glasses and places his notebook by the lamp.

"Let me see." He says as I walk towards him and stop at the end of the bed.

"Promise me you won't take it off me." I point at him with the heavy book.