Chapter 48 - Pinky Promise

Marshall's P.O.V:
Tessa lets out a sigh as she sprays the window for the fourth time now and wipes the liquid clean with the cloth in her free hand. The room was spotless clean since it was her fourth time cleaning it, but yet to her it looked like a mess.

She frowns as her eyes land on a red stain in the carpet. God only know's how long that's been there. No one really comes in to this room. It was a library that Nathan uses to study or Blaire.

"Looks like red wine to me." Tessa says when she finally realises I'm standing in the door way.

"Tessa, take a break." I suggest

"I don't know how i'm going to take this stain out." She tells me.

"We've got a cleaner for this." I say as I walk further into the room.

"Well, she's not really good at doing her job." Tessa mumbles.

I walk over to her and kneal down besides her as she wipes at the stain on the carpet. It had been four days and she hasn't stopped cleaning my house.

She's barley been sleeping and she's barley said a word ever since she came back with that dog. I checked the name tag on the dog, it had Marcus and Tessa's name and adress on it if the dog ever got lost.

I'm guessing Marcus is on Detroit. I don't know why he came all the way to Detroit, I thought it was over between them too. I mean they are divorced or maybe they still have feelings for eachother.

"Tessa. Stop this." I say as I take the cloth from her hand.

"Marshall, leave me alone." She says before she stands up. I let out a sigh as I stand up and watch her walk past me. She takes out another cloth from a packet on the table before she sprays and wipes at the table.

"Tess-" I start only to be cut off by her.

"This table is so dusty." She states.

Clearly she is seeing things because she's cleaned that table so many times there can't be a pinch of dust on that thing or a scratch. I can see my own reflection in it.

"I'm going to clean the kitchen." She tells me.

"You've cleaned the kitchen atleast 10 times now." I sigh.

"I just need to-" She starts until I cut her off.

"No, Tessa! You don't need to double check anything like you have been doing for the past four fucking days! Just stop all this. Stop fucking cleaning every damn thing in my house! Just fucking stop this and take a fucking break!!" I snap.

Tessa's poker face cracks into a sad expression. She cover her face and after a few seconds she starts to sob in her hands. I let out a big sigh as I run my hands through my hair.

"Godamn it." I mumble before I make my way towards her.

I stop infornt of her before I slowly wrap my arms around her. Tessa sobs and places her head on my chest. I stroke her hair as I rub her hair down.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly. "Shhh." I hush her as she sobs on my chest.

***

I lay Tessa down on her bed and start to move away but get pulled back when she tightens her hand around my shirt. I slowly takes her hand between mine and start to move her hand as she sleeps.

Her eyes flutter open and her blood shot red eyes land on mine. Her nose was runny from crying and red. Her checks were stained with tears and my shirt was also stained with her tears.

"Stay with me." She says quietly. Just when I open my mouth to speak, she cuts me off. "Please, I can't stay here on my own." She says quickly.

I let out a small sigh as I lay down on her bed next to her. Tessa slowly places her head on my chest as I wrap my arm around her tiny figure.