Chapter 68 - When It Ends

Tessa's P.O.V:
"And you haven't talked." Nick asks as he loads up the gun. I screw the lid back onto my water bottle as I stand up. 

"Nope." I say, popping the letter 'p' as I watch him. Nick shoots the target three times before he turns to face me and hold out the gun to me. I let out a small sigh and walk towards him. 

Leroy insisted that I should take some lessons on how to shoot a damn gun incase there's another break in or if anything else happens. He thinks I should learn how to defend myself. So today, Nick and I came to a shooting range.

"No wonder Christmas was so...shit." Nick says as he helps me aim the gun. 

"It wasn't shit." I say as he push my finger down on the trigger and fires three shots right on the target. "It was just...less fun." I say slowly, making Nick shake his head as he chuckles and places the gun down. 

"Did you have any kind of argument?" He asks as we grab our jackets. 

"Nope." I shake my head. 

"Did you say something out of line? Something that must have hurt him?" He asks as we walk towards the door. 

"No." I sigh. "We were perfectly fine." I add as we walk out of the building. "Can I ask you something?" I say as I wrap my hand around his arm. 

"Shoot." He mumbles as we walk towards his car.

"Is there...A way to cancel this contract? Like end the contact?" I ask. 

"Why?" Nick looks down at me and raises his brow. 

"I know that you know more about the contract than Marshall and I do because Leroy talked to you. I know for a fact that he told you everything." I say. 

"Tess." Nick sighs. 

"I'm just asking, that's all." I shrug as I let go off his arm and walk towards the passenger seat. I pull open the door and slide into the seat before I pull on my seat belt. 

Nick opens his door before he slides into the drivers seat. I watch him as he starts the car before he leans back into his seat and doesn't bother with his seatbelt. He speeds out of the parking spot and drives down the one way road. 

"What." Nick tuts and glances at me when he see's me staring. 

"I asked you something and you still haven't answered me." I state. 

"Well i'm not going to." He mumbles as he pulls on his seat belt. 

"Nicklaus Demore." I tut. 

"Tessa Black." He mimicks, making me roll my eyes. "First tell me, why do you want to know?" He asks. 

"I don't know. I just do." I shrug and place my feet up on the dashboard. 

"I just got my car cleaned." Nick mumbles as he pushes my feet off the dashboard. I give him the finger and places my feet back on the dashboard, making him roll his eyes. 

I let out a small sigh when I see paparazzi taking pictures off Nick and I. They were probably waiting for us to come out of the building. We stop at a red light and Nick covers his face as they take pictures of us. 

Times like this, I hate going out with friends in public because of the paparazzi. 

"There is no way." Nick says. 

"Hm?" I turn to face him. Nick goes quiet as he turns onto a busy road. 

"There is no way to end the contract." Nick says before he turns to face me. "I can't help you with ending the contract because I...I don't know how to." He shrugs and looks back at the road.