Chapter 44: New Contract

Tessa's P.O.V:
"I'm so screwed." I mumble for the 100th time as I pace up and down infront of Marshall. Marshall let's out another laugh making me stop in my tracks. 

He finds this funny? Leroy is going to kill me and Marshall is finding this funny. I pick up a pillow from the couch and throw it at his face but he carries on laughing. 

"This isn't funny." I huff as I slap his arm. 

"Relax." He chuckles and rubs his hand over his face before he lets out a yawn. 

"He is going to kill me." I sigh as I push my hair back and fold my arms across my chest. 

Marshall stops laughing and moves the pillow that I just threw at him off his lap. He stands up and place his hands on my shoulder, making me look at him.

"Relax." He laughs. 

"This isn't funny." I repeat as I slap his chest. Marshall tries to hide his perfect smile as he looks down at me and pulls me against him. 

"Everything is going to be fine. Just tell him you were watching a movie or something." He shrugs. 

"Yeah. Like he's going to believe that." I roll my eyes and bury my face in his chest. "Leroy is going to murder me." I mumble against his chest as he wraps his arm around me and sighs. 

The hotel room phone starts to ring again making me quickly move away from Marshall. Marshall let's out a sigh as I walk over to the phone. 

"Crap, it's him again." I sigh and bite down on my lip. Marshall walks over to me and grabs the phone and declines the call before he drops the phone on the couch. 

"Come on. We have to be up early for our flight tomorrow." Marshall says. 

"But-" I start and get cut off when Marshall places his lips on mine.

"We'll think of something." He says as he pulls back and cups my face. I let out a small sigh as his thumb strokes my cheek. "Come on." He mumbles. 

Sighing, I slowly walk past him and towards my room. Marshall had stayed on the couch last night but I guess he's sleeping with me tonight since hes following me in. But I don't mind, I couldn't sleep without him in bed next to me yesterday, so most of the night I was just tossing and turning. 

Marshall walks into the ensuit and does his night time routine as I switch off all the lights in the hotel room and make sure the doors are locked. I quickly check on Nathan to find him snoring in his bed.

I walk back into my room to find Marshall sleeping in bed. I walk over to the ensuit and remove my make up and brush my teeth. I do my night time routine before I walk back into the bedroom.

I climb into bed and bury myself under the duvet. Marshall places his arm around me and pulls me against his chest. I smile lightly as I cuddle him under the duvet. He places a kiss on my lips softly before he gets comfortable.

Marshall's steady breaths fill up the room as he sleeps. Sighing, I look at the window and watch the rain splash again the glass door. I let out a sigh when I think back to Leroy. 

He is going to kill me when he see's me. Marshall and I were having so much fun by now I just ruined it. Marshall seems relaxed and not worried about what Paul is going to say to him. 

Leroy is going to tell Paul about what he heard as soon as he gets a chance. I guess Paul isn't so hard on Marshall like Leroy is to me, so he's not even worried a tiny bit. 

Leroy was never this hard on me. Never! He treated me like one of his own kids but ever since I moved to Detroit, he's been hard on me and hasn't been listening to me or doing what I want to do.