Chapter 89 - I Messed Up...Again

Tessa's P.O.V:
My breathing gets heavier as Nick stands up and backs me up against the wall. I dig my nails into the side of his neck as he bites down on the side of my neck before he sucks on it.

His hands travel down to my body and under my dress. A moan escapes my lips as he cups my breast whilst leaving marks on my neck. I wrap my legs around him as he picks me up and carries me to the bed.

I fall back down on the bed and sit up to pull off his shirt. I run my hands down his toned and tattoed body before he quickly claims my lips again and pushes me down against the bed.

He slowly strokes my leg as his hands travel up my leg and under my dress. I let out a moan as he presses his lower body against me and starts to kiss my neck. I roll my head back against the the bed as I moan out his name.

"Fuck...Marshall." I moan. My eyes snap open the same time I feel him stop kissing me. Nick doesn't move an inch away from me and both of us stay frozen in our spot.

"This was a mistake." Nick finally speak. He lets go off me and holds my gaze for a few seconds as he hovers over me. "This...Should never have happened." He adds as he moves back and lets go of me.

"Nick. Hold on-" I start as I sit up but get cut off.

"It's late." He clears his throat as he picks up his shirt from the floor and pulls it on, covering his perfectly toned body.

I don't bother calling after him and instead watch him leave. I walk towards the window and watch him walk towards his car that's parked across the street. I watch him as he unlocks the car door and quickly gets in.

I expect him to drive away from here but instead he sits in his car for a few minutes before I see him attack the steering wheel by banging his fist on it. After a few minutes of him just talking to himself and banging on the steering wheel, he starts the engine and drives away.

I let out a sigh and slide down against the wall as I ball my hair up in fist. What the hell was I thinking? How could I be so fucking stupid and kiss him.

Damn you, Tessa...

***

"I have feeling that everytime you're in trouble you come running back to California." I don't say anything and instead stay quiet. "What kinda trouble are you in now?" Jacob asks as he sits down on the couch.

"I'm not in any kind of trouble." I lie.

"Tessa." Jacob sits up. "You're dressed in a pair of leggings and a loose shirt. You would never ever leave the house like this....You like you ran away from something." He says but I don't reply. "Or was it someone." He adds slowly. I glance up at him, making him clench his jaw. "What happened? Who hurt you? Did someone hurt you?" He asks in a pissed tone quickly.

"No one did anything." I tut and stand up.

"Then why are you here?" He asks. "And how come you haven't told the rest that you're here." He adds.

Because Karla and Chris have work and I had no other choice but to come to you.

"Because." I shrug.

"Because? That's your answer." He says slowly. "What happened?" He asks again.

"Nothing happened." I repeat.

"Then why were you waiting outside of my house at 3 in the fucking morning?" He asks.

"I panicked." I say as I stand up.

"You panicked?" He repeats as I pace up and down in his living room. "You panicked..." He repeats.

"I panicked." I nod.