Chapter 59 - She's Awake

Tessa's P.O.V:
"Shes awake." Jacob says into the phone. "Okay, sounds good to me..Yeah. Bye." He mumbles and flips his phone closed once he's done talking to Andrew. "I'm so sorry." Jacob whispers. I cry in his arms as he lays besides me. "I'm so sorry." He repeats as he holds onto me tighter. 

I woke up around half an hour ago to find the room empty. Jacob had walked in right when the nurses called him from the room that's upstairs. 

Jacob told me that that Andrew, Chris and Karla had come too but Jacob sent them away to get some rest. Jacob said he had to force Marshall to go get some rest after he kept on calling every half an hour.

"Why me?" I cry.

My body is killing me. My leg hurts and my arm hurts. The nurses instructed me not to move incase I opened up the stitche's on my flank. My eye if covered with hard plastic so I can only see from my left eye but thats no use because its swollen just like my hands.

Since i'm sober Karla wanted me to wake up before I decided weather I wanted painkillers to help me feel more comfortable but I refused to take any painkillers or sleeping drugs, so the pain is a hundered times worser then it should have been.

"We're going to find them. I promise. I'm not going to stop until I find them." Jacob say as he kisses my head. 

Jacob said that they had found me in the driveway, laying in the rain on the floor. By the time the cops got there, the two men who did this had vanished. The cops said that my dog Hunter was by me, barking like crazy and they're guessing Hunter scared the robbers off.

"I want to go home." I tell him. They moved me to a hospital in California by helicopter and Marshall is still in Detroit.

"And you will." Jacob says. 

"No. I want to go home now. I can't stay here." I say. 

"Tess...The doctors need to do check up's every few hours." Jacob explains as he moves back and tucks my hair behind my ear. "Listen, i'll go get the doctor." He says and starts to get up. 

"No." I say quickly and reach out my hand for him, only to regret it when it hurts. 

"Tess, I'm going to be right outside." He says. 

"I'm scared." I admit. "Please, Jake. Don't leave." I beg. Jacob shakes his head as a single tear runs down his cheek. 

"What the hell did they do to you." He mumbles as he lays down and carfully pulls me in his arms, making sure he doesn't hurt me. 

"How long was out for?" I ask him after a long pause. 

"They found you at around three in the morning. You're surgey was at 3:45, then at 12pm we flew you over to California since Andrew wanted to operate on your eye at his own hospital. He doesn't trust the one in Detroit." He explains. 

"And the girls?" I ask. 

"What girls?" Jacob say in confusion. I move away from him quickly and shake my head. 

"Hailie and Alaina....M-Marshall's kids-" I stutter and get cut off by Jacob quickly.

"Oh....they're fine, Tessa. They're completely fine now for once just stop worrying about others and worry about yourself." He says. 

***

"Did you see anything else, Miss Black?" The officer asks. Karla rubs my arm as I lean back further into the pillows. 

"No." I shake my head.

"Are you sure?" He asks. 

"Yes." I nod.