Chapter 69 - Adoption

Tessa's P.O.V:
"Hey." I glance up at Nathan before I look back at the new clothing line designs infront of me and drink my coffee. Nathan walks over to the fridge and pulls open the door before he looks through the draws, mumbling something to himself about how thirsty he is.

"Hi." I say as I write a quick note under the design of what needs to be added and what needs to be gone. "Where have you been all morning?" I ask.

"Aunt Betty came to see mom, so just incase she decided to go all physco on mom, I stayed there." He explains. "What you doing?" He asks as he opens his can off pepsi.

"You really think it's a good idea to be drinking that when you just got your voice back?" I ask.

"It wasn't because of all the cold drinks. It was because of all the screaming and shouting." He shrugs.

"Screaming and shouting, hu?" I raise my brow as I scribble notes down in my diary. "I thought you said you were going to stay at your mom's." I say.

"Well-" He starts before I quickly cut in.

"And I thought you promised your mom that you were going to spend new years eve with her and that's why you couldn't spend it with me or Marshall." I add.

Just three days ago, we all planned to have a nice and quiet dinner for new years eve after I came back from New York. We were going to have a nice dinner before we left to see the fireworks at one of Marshall's friends but all plans got cancelled when Nathan said he wanted to spend New years eve with his mom. Marshall was pretty pissed but eventually got over it. Blaire told me this morning that he crashed at her house since he was drunk.

"I-" He starts but gets cut off by me once again.

"But instead you lied and went to a party." I say as I place my pen down and look up at him.

"Promise me you won't tell my brother." He say quickly.

"And why should I promise you that?" I squint my eyes at him as I place my chin on my knuckles.

"Please, Tessa. He is going to murder me." He begs as he holds his hands up at me. "Please." He repeats.

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

"Swear on it." He points at me, making me sigh.

"I swear-" I start but get cut off by Marshall walking into the kitchen.

"Swear what? You swear not to tell me about Nate going to a party and ending up crashing at Blair's house drunk and high?" He says.

"I didn't-" He starts but gets cut off.

"No point denying it when Blaire phoned me up to tell me everything." Marshall says as he walks over to the fridge and pulls out a can of red bull before he makes his way towards me. "You really need to stop hiding this kinda shit for Nate." Marshall says as he leans down and kisses me before he sits down on the high stool besides me.

"I will leave you guys alone to talk." I say as I gather up all the papers.

"Wait no." Nathan says quickly. "Don't leave-" He says as I walk towards the door with all my things.

"You're fucked big time." I hear Marshall say to Nathan as I walk out the kitchen before he starts yelling at Nathan. Boy, it's going to a long morning.

***

"I don't understand him." Marshall says as I fold my clothes and pile them up whilst he lays on my bed. "Why and when." He throws his hand up in the air.

"Why and when what?" I mumble and toss my leggings aside.

"Why would he lie to me and why would he do drugs?" He says.