Chapter 116 - The Wedding Planner

Marshall's P.O.V:
I look away from Tessa and drop my gaze down to the floor, trying my best to show no emotions at all. We're getting married. Tessa and I are getting married. It's a sham wedding in our managers eyes and maybe Tessa's too but not mine.

All I wanted was to marry the girl of my dreams, have a family, watch our family grow and to grow old together. Tessa is the girl of my dreams and all I want to get married to her and spent the rest of my days with her.

That's all I wanted and when I found out that Tessa and I were going to get married, I was going to try my best to find a way out for us. For us to actually get married and stay together but I didn't expect for the wedding to be so soon.

I wanna marry the girl that I fell in love with and with everything that's happened, she doesn't even love me anymore!

"It's been one month since my father killed himself." Tessa says, breaking the silence. "And you expect me to have a wedding all of a sudden?" She says as she looks up at our managers. Her eyes fill up with tears, making her quickly blink them away.

"Tessa. The contract needs to end, my child." Leroy says softly.

"And I want it to end." She states, making me drop my head. "I do but having a wedding a month after I buried my father? My mom and brothers...They'll be furious!" She adds.

"They'll get used to it." Paul mumbles.

"Used to it? They're still mourning the death of my father!" She raises her voice.

"We have a contract to-" Leroy starts and gets cut off by Tessa when she stands up and walks past us all. "Tessa! We have a contract to stick to!" Leroy yells after her as she pulls open the door and walks out, leaving the door wide open behind herself. Leroy throws his hands up in the air and shakes his head.

"Go talk to her." Paul says to me.

"Yeah. I'm not getting involved." I sigh and stand up.

"Marshall. We have to end this. It's for your own good." Leroy says as I walk towards the door.

"You don't care about what is good or bad for us." I mumble and walk out, slamming the door behind me.

***

"What!" Karla shouts through the phone, making me let out a sigh as I pull the phone away from my ear quickly.

"A wedding." I repeat as I place the phone back to my ear before it goes quiet between us.

"That means...After the wedding.." She slowly trails off, making me sigh as I rub my hands down my face.

"It ends. It all ends." I mumble.

"I..Woah." Karla sighs. "Marshall. I am so sorry." She says sadly, making me shake my head as I sit down on the edge of my bed and bury my face in my hands.

"The plan was to get married and find a way out." I tell her. "But all of this...It just happened so quickly and Tessa...She doesn't even remember me." I shrug.

"You have two months until the wedding. You'll find a way and maybe...She'll remember you." She says, making me shake my head.

"That's the thing. She can't remember me. If she does then we're both fucked but....I can't just let her go. I can't watch her walk away, Karla." I say quietly.

"I know." She sighs.

"I can't do it." I say.

"I know, Marshall." She whispers.

***

"It's heartless of them to do such a thing." Tessa says. I watch her as she chops the onions infront of her furiously.

"Be careful with that." I mumble.

"It's disrespectful and just....Rude!" Tessa ignore me.

"And it's the only way the contract is going to end." Nick shrugs as he chops green peppers.

"Oh fuck this contract." Tessa mumbles. "What the hell is Madre going to say?" She shakes her head.

"Your wedding will help her move on from your dad." Nick states.

"Nothing will help her move on from him." She shakes her head as she carries on chopping the onions.

"Let me do that. You're gonna end up chopping your finger up." I say as I walk towards her.

"I can chop onions." She tuts, making me shrugs before I walk away from her. "I hate them." Tessa shakes her head.

"Onions?" Nick says, making her sigh.

"Our fucking managers." She tuts. "I just got divorced. I'm not ready for another wedding." She says and lets out a sigh.

"Tess. You got divorced in 2002. We're in 2004." Nick says.

"Well it was late 2002. I'm not ready for another wedding." She says. "Why can't they just listen to what we want!" She says.

"Bec-" Nick starts and gets cut off.

"I've known Leroy for years and this what he does?" She huffs.

"We tried to warn you." Nick shrugs.

"Yes bu-OW!" Tessa sucks in a deep breath and drops the knife, making me look up at her quickly. "Ow!" She moans as her face scrunches up in pain. "Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow!" She says whispers. My eyes fall onto the blood that's splashing against the kitchen floor. She cut herself deep.

"Here!" Nick says quickly as he holds a kitchen towel underneath her finger.

"I told you to be careful." I mumble as I walk her towards the sink.

"Where the first aid kit?" Nick asks.

"Uhr, on the fridge." I say quickly as Tessa moans in pain. I ignore the blood dripping out of her finger as I hold her hand over the sink.

Tessa's P.O.V:
I stay seated on the high stool as I watch Marshall look through the first aid kit. Nick had left to pick up Iris from one of her friends house a couple of minutes ago.

"Well the good news is you don't need stitches." Marshall mumbles. "But that's one deep cut." He adds and turn to face me.

"I'm guessing there's some bad news too." I say slowly.

"Well...The bad news is that...This is going to hurt a lot." He mumbles. "Tell me if I hurt you a lot." He says as he takes out white bandages.

I place my hand on his palm and watch him as he wipe's the wound with wipes before he wraps a white bandage around my finger, making sure it's tight.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"Miss Black." We both look up at the doorway when we hear a lady call me. "Ah, Mr Mathers. You're here too. That's good." My eyes scan the lady's stick figure. She's dressed in a fitted royal blue dress and has her hair tied up in a tight bun. My eyes fall onto the white pearls around her neck and dangling down her ears.

"Can I help you?" Marshall asks.

"No. I'm here to help you." The lady who looks like she's in her early 50's says as she walks towards us, her heels echoing around the kitchen. "I am Mrs Campbell." She says as she shakes Marshall's hand.

"Why are you here?" Marshall asks.

"Oh...I thought you knew." She says as she turns to face me, making me shake my head. "I'm your wedding planner." She says as she holds her business card out to me. I take the business card and look down at it.

"I'm sorry. The wedding planner?" Marshall says as he reaches for the card. I hand him the card and watch him as he reads it to himself.

"Yes." She says proudly.

"The wedding is three months away." I state.

"And it's going to be the biggest wedding the whole world has ever seen so three months is nothing, my darling." She says. "Mind if I look around?" She says and starts to walk away.

"A fucking wedding planner." Marshall throws his hands up in the air as I drop my head down on the table and groan.